Any Central Ohio Teams?

Looking to do my 1st Ragbrai this year. Would love to have some fun folks to train and ride the week with. I have family in Iowa, so transportation is not needed for me. In fact, I may be able to offer our family farm as a meeting or rendezvous point if needed. I am game for either a self supported ride or using a charter. Just looking to have a fun time. Thanks!

9 Replies

HillsAngels1, January 3, 2019 at 6:34 am

Were a team from Lebaono OH pm me for info

mootsman, January 3, 2019 at 8:43 am

Consider separating the 2 requirements. Find people to train with locally but go with an Iowa based team. You can find teams looking to fill out their roster on this forum usually after registration closes. Going the week with the team and using their camp is lots of fun. Iowa teams usually have a place to park your car for the week. Maybe look for an eastern Iowa team to facilitate your drive home. And you will have a whole tribe of new friends to hang with for the week of RAGBRAI.

HillsAngels1, January 3, 2019 at 8:57 am

This will be our 15 year of having a team.
also i fat fingered my town Lebanon Oh lol

cyduke, January 3, 2019 at 10:09 am

Didn’t Neil Armstrong live in Lebanon, OH at one point?

HillsAngels1, January 3, 2019 at 1:24 pm

YES HE DID

Rob Erskine, January 3, 2019 at 9:20 pm

I ride frequently around Madison County from Bradley High School near Hilliard. Would like to have company to train with. Rode Ragbrai last year and can give you some of the details. PM me if you are near Columbus.

Matt Little, January 9, 2019 at 7:31 pm

I had thought about that. Ill be in Iowa with family anyway, so transportation isnt really an issue. Looking to make some new friends locally and have that carry over into and after Ragbrai.

Matt Little, January 9, 2019 at 7:35 pm

Thanks Rob. I will look you up in PM. Im down near Grove City. I ride Camp Chase trail a lot. Kind of boring, but easy riding and very little traffic. Im open to new places. Just not comfortable getting on busy roads alone yet. Do you ride with Cyclenutz or any other area groups? My LBS does weekly rides, but its mostly roadies that like to roll at 20mph. Im not quite there yet. Lol.

D Grimes, January 13, 2019 at 11:59 am

Hey Matt and Hills Angels I am from Chillicothe, Ohio and ride a lot of Outdoor Pursuits rides in Columbus and surrounding areas for spring training. I am deciding soon on team vs charter this year or just solo again. An Ohio team would be of interest to me just to deal with logistics if needed. Let me know how to reach you Lebanon guys. I think the first GOBA tour went there that I rode in the late 80’s. As they say Ragbrai Don’t Care anyway!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Categories

Looking for RIDES

RAGBRAI XLVII – 2019

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2020

RAGBRAI XLVI – 2018

Training

RAGBRAI XLV – 2017

RAGBRAI XLIV – 2016

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

RAGBRAI XLIII – 2015