RAGBRAI LI Weeklong and Day Passes available until 7/5!

Any Milwaukee area riders?

Hey folks! I was just wondering if there are any Milwaukee area people riding this year? I registered with a friend of mine last night, we are both first time riders and would like to get to know some local people headed that way and maybe some people to ride with. 

I am way to excited for this :) 
Rob

9 Replies

mtbmed, December 5, 2011 at 8:37 pm

Work in MKE and plan on doing my first RAGBRAI as well … will be looking for rides to do come springtime, otherwise I spend plenty of boring time on the rollers.

trapace, December 9, 2011 at 9:33 am

I’m from Racine and this year will be my eighth.  I would be happy to pass along any info that I can.  Beware though that if you get me started talking about the ride I have a hard time stopping.  Just ask my wife.  PM me your contact info.

trojan99, December 18, 2011 at 9:27 am

I’m from G’town.  This will be my third RAGBRAI.  You won’t be disappointed. Let me know if you need any advice along the way.

mtbmed, December 18, 2011 at 7:11 pm

Thx for the input. I am sure to be asking questions in the coming weeks – Have a Merry Xmas and Happy New Year!

andypt7, January 9, 2012 at 3:33 pm

I’m out in Janesville if any of you are interested in coming out and riding some very quiet, country roads come spring.  Hoping to make things work to do my first RAGBRAI in July.

SFC JKL 2, January 9, 2012 at 8:02 pm

trapace-  I used to live in Oshkosh.  Did your bike club century a couple times.  I also like the one out of Oconomowoc (covers some of the same ground but from the opposite direction).

Say “hi” to Richard Schwinn for me next time you see him.

trapace, January 12, 2012 at 3:27 pm

I’ve not met Richard Schwinn but Mark Moeller at Waterford is a great guy.  I have a brand new Waterford S3 that I’m dying to get on the road.

If you’ve never ridden the BCLC Ramble out of Wilmot I would highly recommend it.  You ride 15 miles out to a huge SAG stop and then do loops from there to do what you want up to a century.

andypt7, the Janesville Rotary Pie Ride is a great ride too.

Ragbrai Nation, January 17, 2012 at 12:16 am

http://www.shuttleguy.com/PollWizard/default.asp

Shuttleguy, out of Dodgeville, WI., specializes in Ragbrai but also offers a great tri-state (Iowa, Wisconsin & Illinois) tour as well as tours in Michigan, Nebraska and Colorado. Shuttleguy Ragbrai charters stage out Dodgeville and Chicago, I believe. Check out the link for official tour data/specifics.

jhelmrich, January 17, 2012 at 3:41 pm

Hey, robb844 ~ I’m group leader of a team (n=12 to 20) with people from 4 states (FL, IL, IA +WI).  We started doing RAGBRAI in 2008; this will be our 5th ride.  Happy to meet and share what we’ve learned. 

The forum ‘RAGBRAI XL – 2012’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Categories

RAGBRAI L – 2023

RAGBRAI XLIX – 2022

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2021

Training

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

Clubs, Teams & Charters