RAGBRAI LI Route Announced on Jan. 27!

Any riders from Chicago?

Is anyone driving from Chicago to Le Mars with room from an extra bike? Or do you have someone picking you up in Clinton that could bring a bike to the end of the ride? I could really use some help.

My 13 year old son’s 1961 Schwinn cruiser was recently stolen. The cable was cut mid day and he was really upset about the lost. He loved the bike so much that it took a ton of coaxing to talk him into riding the tandem with me instead of the single speed cruiser on his first RAGBRAI. We have found a similar bike in Melrose Park, but the packaging and shipping to Denver make it cost prohibitive. If anyone has the space and means to get this bike to him, money, beer, gratitude and hugs will be your reward.

Please help if you can.

1 Reply

Phil Stearney, July 16, 2021 at 4:16 pm

Here is what I may be able to do…
I work very near Melrose Park…I can pick up his bike and get it to Clinton with me…
But…I am taking Brancel Charters across the state to Le Mars – so my car stays in Clinton.

I suggest you call Bob Brancel of Brancel Charters. Explain the situation. He may be willing to help – and I can drop off both bikes with Brancel at the same time. I’ve used Brancel in the past – they are good people.
Please do NOT reply via the forum as I am not on it much…you can text me at 630-363-4955 – Phil

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Categories

RAGBRAI L – 2023

RAGBRAI XLIX – 2022

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2021

Training

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

Clubs, Teams & Charters