Join Us in July - Register Today!

Anybody Out there? I am not quoting Pink Floyd

Holy Cow!  Not a new post in over 24-hours?  I don’t believe I have EVER seen that occur until this new board was launched.  I guess not seeing who else is online eliminates the banter between 2 parties, but it also creates a boring enviroment in which good and helpful postings may never occur.  At least if we had the PM opportunity more people would stay on the site and the banter would be kept private and potential posters would be at the ready if needed.

JMHO

24 Replies

jwsknk, November 29, 2010 at 10:34 am

I think most have become comfortably numb , post thanksgiving triptophane (sp?) hangover.

Michrider !!!, November 29, 2010 at 11:20 am

Davey Sprocket said: Holy Cow!  Not a new post in over 24-hours?  I don’t believe I have EVER seen that occur until this new board was launched.  I guess not seeing who else is online eliminates the banter between 2 parties, but it also creates a boring enviroment in which good and helpful postings may never occur.  At least if we had the PM opportunity more people would stay on the site and the banter would be kept private and potential posters would be at the ready if needed.

JMHO

Yeah I agree!  I miss not being able to see who is online.  H.H. hasn’t posted since they removed her PM’s!

Davy Sprocket, November 29, 2010 at 1:00 pm

NO  FUN!
The next thing you know, they will want us to talk about riding that ride in Iowa during the last week of July.

helenheart, November 29, 2010 at 5:18 pm

I want my PMs back.  

I wanna see who I’m talking to.
I miss the interaction.

Wah wah wah!
……..and I don’t like being squished into half of the screen.
wah wah wah some more.
……..and I don’t even care about spammers – can’t we just ignore them and have our old forum back.
I feel like we’ve all moved out of a 108 yr old farmhouse and we are all now in a new condo with white walls.
(OK. So that is the stoopid-est analogy I have ever written, but it’s how I’m feeling)

Davy Sprocket, November 29, 2010 at 5:33 pm

I feel ya girl!  While there was some, okay a lot of worthless banter, there also was someone online to help a rookie or answer a question.  No it is like a ghost town.

Davy Sprocket, November 29, 2010 at 5:39 pm

Sorry!  I tried to go back an edit the size of the photo, but it wouldn’t let me change it.  Chalk it up to the new board.

Sandaltan ., November 29, 2010 at 7:41 pm

The forum is so quiet that I almost wish for the one whose name we dare not mention.
RIDE RIGHT

Davy Sprocket, November 29, 2010 at 7:46 pm

Sandaltan said: The forum is so quiet that I almost wish for the one whose name we dare not mention.

NOOOOO!!!!!!

helenheart, November 29, 2010 at 9:14 pm

ST – be careful what you wish for!

Sprocket – 4 images in 5 posts – we are being creative today!! xo

rfattic, November 29, 2010 at 10:27 pm

The bent must be “stuck in the snow” and he is digging it out or has given up on us. 

RF

“Bicycle Bill”, November 30, 2010 at 12:32 am

Have to agree with HH.  Although there usually is a seasonal slump around about this time of the year as the air gets colder, Christmas gets closer, and the ground gets white, it does seem even more “slumpier” than usual this year.

While I wouldn’t necessarily wish for the spammers (or “He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named”) back, and I wasn’t much of a one to keep checking the bottom of the page to see who-all was here, I too miss the PM function.  I also would prefer the time/date stamps on posts as in the past, rather than the imprecision of “posted one hour ago”.   And I don’t really like the fact that the ability to edit one’s post disappears after a relatively short period of time.

Maybe if we all be good little boys and girls for the next few weeks, TJ will give us the old forum back for Christmas!!

-“BB”-

Michrider !!!, November 30, 2010 at 5:13 am

Yeah, it’s kinda boring in here these days.  Maybe I’ll just have to get off my butt and start my winter training program!

pHIlo, November 30, 2010 at 6:19 am

Managed to get 18 in on Saturday during a pancake fund raiser for the Missisippi River Trail… lots of ice on roads!

jwsknk, December 1, 2010 at 8:20 am

17 hours???
What shall we use
To fill the empty spaces
Where we used to talk?
How shall I fill
The final places?
How should I complete the wall

okay, so I am quoting Pink :-)

Michrider !!!, December 1, 2010 at 10:03 am

Too cold & wet to ride today here in Kentucky.  I’m going to spinning tonight but it’s not the same!

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Categories

RAGBRAI L – 2023

RAGBRAI XLIX – 2022

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2021

Training

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

Clubs, Teams & Charters