RAGBRAI XLIX registration is now open!

are ya'll ready for ragbri?

anyhow, if ya’ll had to pick a route, which one would it be. north/ south or central route? I do realize that they change the route all they can from year to year. but anyhow, let’s ride on !!

18 Replies

jwsknk, January 25, 2017 at 10:31 am

Orange City may the farthest in one that I have done in 35 years.

Groeny82, January 25, 2017 at 12:42 pm

Unfortunately once you get north of Sioux City the only options you have for a town right on the river is Akron and Hawarden. Hawarden would be the only one of the two big enough to host RAGBRAI. So the only other option is to let a town off the Missouri host. Most people are content with this option and either don’t care about dipping both tires or they are fine with dipping their tire in Missouri water that is trucked in or dipping in a tributary. For the people that do care about pedaling from the actual Missouri to the Mississippi, for whatever reason, they can either ride to the river Saturday or early Sunday morning. This isn’t ideal but it’s about the only option for a northern route. I plan on getting dropped off in Hawarden on Saturday and ride to the start town. Plus starting in Hawarden every 2-3 years would get old and it would be overwhelming for the town.

Viewing 3 replies - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

The forum ‘RAGBRAI XLV – 2017’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Categories

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2021

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2020

Training

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

Clubs, Teams & Charters

Friends of RAGBRAI