Arizona Connection

Moved to Arizona from Illinois the summer of 09, had to give up my RAGBRAI pass and bus seat with a bike club that year.  I need to get out of the dry heat of Arizona this year and ride in the wet heat of Iowa. 
Planning ahead and would like to connect with someone in the Phoenix area (go as far as Tucson or Flagstaff if necessary) who plans on doing RABRAI this year to transport my bike and bag.  I would have to fly in on Thursday or Friday and fly out on Sunday or Monday.  My job won’t permit me to take any longer that time of year.  The gear transport would help tremendously.  I’m thinking the charge to transport my bike and bag would be costly.

4 Replies

Sunrider, November 26, 2011 at 12:22 pm

Hawkgrove, I too am from Phoenix and looking to do Ragbrai next year and hopefully bum a ride.  I won’t be able to help you with the transport part but I thought if I posted up here we could hopefully start coordinating with others or at least share info.

I’m probably just going to be shipping my bike to the start because I’m using an xtracycle and its much too big to ask anyone to transport for me, so I’m just looking for a ride to the start from Phoenix…just me and a bag.  I’ll be continuing on to Pittsburgh after the ride. 

This is my first Ragbrai and right now I don’t know anyone else from Arizona going, and I’m not in any bike clubs.  It would at least be nice to meet up with some people along the way to ride with. 

hawkgrove, December 6, 2011 at 2:01 pm

I have a couple of leads on individuals who have driven from the Phoenix area to RAGBRAI in the past.  I will let you know if they decide to go and have room.  As it gets closer to the date you will find more people looking to share the ride and expense.  I just like to have things planned out early, sometimes the last minute arrangements are the best.

If you’ve never ridden before your in for the time of your life.  I miss the countryside and the communities.  I grew up in Iowa and my son lives and works in the Cedar Rapids area.  It’s a great place and a great event.  We’ll keep in touch.

Sunrider, December 31, 2011 at 8:01 pm

Thanks Hawk, yes please keep in touch.  I too like to plan things early, but I’m pretty easy-going.  I just need to know what route I’m taking to get there so I’m not stuck trying to buy plane tickets at the last moment.  Can’t wait to find out the route!

Happy New Year!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Categories

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2021

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2020

Training

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

Clubs, Teams & Charters

Friends of RAGBRAI