The Register's Annual Great Bicycle Ride Across Iowa

Arriving at Council Bluffs

Due to work obligations, it looks like the earliest I would be able to get to RAGBRAI would be to fly into Omaha airport arriving on 7/21 at 10:35am. I was thinking I would then just ride my bike from Omaha airport to Council Bluffs (only a few miles) and then continue on the RAGBRAI route and just arrive a bit later than everyone else in Atlantic that evening. Is this a realistic plan? Are there any issues with me not being there on 7/20 to check in?

Thanks!

4 Replies

hnschipper, February 10, 2019 at 8:39 am

There is no check in. You can arrive whenever you want. You’ll be behind the main pack, but I bet there will be plenty of people still leaving at that time. Are you carrying all your gear on your bike with you? The RAGBRAI baggage trucks will be long gone by that time.

klkoopman, February 10, 2019 at 3:54 pm

That’s true, no check-in. Put on your wristband and bikeband on and ride. I assume you are transporting your bike on the airplane. Do you need a protective bike case to carry it in the plane’s underbelly? If so, where would you store that for the week?

Papa T, February 10, 2019 at 7:24 pm

How are you getting home??

mootsman, February 11, 2019 at 6:51 am

You might be better off finding a ride from the airport to Atlantic. It would solve the luggage issue and who ever you track down for a ride might be able to store your bike for the week. And there are charters going 1-way back to Omaha like Pork Belly.

You might be able to find a cab for that but it would cost a but.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Categories

Looking for RIDES

RAGBRAI XLVII – 2019

RAGBRAI XLVI – 2018

Training

RAGBRAI XLV – 2017

RAGBRAI XLIV – 2016

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

RAGBRAI XLIII – 2015

RAGBRAI XLII – 2014