August 27th RAGBRAI Reunion Ride

Anyone have details on the ride scheduled on August 27th (RAGBRAI Reunion)?  The RAGBRAI Facebook page mentions it but gives no information.

30 Replies

gas gas, August 4, 2011 at 1:05 pm

If you weren’t able to join us on RAGBRAI this year or ready to ride again, mark your calendar for the 2011 RAGBRAI Reunion in Ankeny, Iowa at the Ankeny Shell. On Saturday, August 27, you can come share your RAGBRAI experiences with us and then take a ride on the High Trestle Trail. An informal meeting will take place from 9-10am and the ride beginning at 10am.

eddie_the_ex_cabana_boy, August 4, 2011 at 1:41 pm

AWSOME!

I’m glad I found this post!  I went last year to the RAGBRAI reunion and I had a GREAT time! 

I’m definately looking forward to attending this event again!

And I’m sure with the addition of the High Trestle AND the Flat Tire Lounge, it’ll be even BETTER!

(thanks for the posting  gas gas!)

Ed

stuckinmizzou, August 4, 2011 at 2:13 pm

Thanks, gas gas!

jwsknk, August 4, 2011 at 3:11 pm

where/what is the “Ankeny Shell”?

Michrider !!!, August 4, 2011 at 3:19 pm

jwsknk said: where/what is the “Ankeny Shell”?

H.ell, where is Ankeny??????

DotComFactory, August 7, 2011 at 1:22 pm

Michrider said:

jwsknk said: where/what is the “Ankeny Shell”?

H.ell, where is Ankeny??????
Yeah, Ankeny is where I ended up on Wednesday because I went too far on the HTT, not realizing the official route had turned…  Another “off-route” adventure on RAGBRAI…

gas gas, August 11, 2011 at 1:29 pm

RAGBRAI REUNION
ANKENY, IOWA
Saturday – August 27, 2011

FREE TO ATTEND!!!

9:00 AM                 
RAGBRAI’s RIDE RIGHT Meeting
Hawkeye Park Concession Stand (Just North of Ankeny Bandshell and City Hall)

Town hall-style meeting on RAGBRAI and cycling in Iowa.  Relive and share your RAGBRAI experiences.  <FONT color=#333399>(See map for directions)</FONT>

10:00 AM                 
Fun Ride on the <FONT color=#333399>High Trestle Trail
</FONT>
(High Trestle Trail
is just a block from Hawkeye Park) 
Bike ride on the trail at your own pace and distance of choice.  Ride starts and ends at Ankeny trailhead.  Visit Sheldahl, Slater, Madrid and Woodward and ride across the High Trestle Trail Bridge.   Gatorade, water and snacks provided at the start of the ride.

Click below for Directions, Parking and Event Map:
<FONT color=#333399>RAGBRAI Reunion Map 2011</FONT> 

DotComFactory, August 28, 2011 at 6:10 am

Who all from these forums did I see yesterday, but not get a chance to visit with?  

My training partner turned what should have been a leisurely three to four hour ride into an eight-hour drunken pedal-fest and made me drive his car back to Burlington while he slept and loudly snored in the passenger seat.
Not that I’d trade it back for anything.  Was a beautiful day for a ride (aren’t most all of them?) and the HTT is a very nice trail.  Not challenging, but great to see so many families outdoors instead of inside stuck in front of their TVs, computers and game consoles…

Sandaltan ., August 28, 2011 at 10:31 am

Left to right:  Skunky, Zinger, Sandaltan and  Toadhead at the Flat Tire Lounge in Madrid.  It was a very good day and yes I got home in time to avoid any criticism and make my next party.

RIDE RIGHT and sorry I did not speak up at the 9:00 am meeting and ask if there were any forum participants in the crowd.  And………I keep looking for the cammo panniers Jelly but have not spotted them yet.

Sandaltan ., August 28, 2011 at 10:34 am

Tom and Zinger make a good looking couple I think.

RIDE RIGHT

“Bicycle Bill”, August 28, 2011 at 10:57 am

So just who might Tom be?  That seems to be a rather possessive-looking hand draped over Zinger’s shoulder there.

And speaking as a photographer:  unless you’re in the Witness Protection Program, if you’re going to stand and pose for a picture could you please lose the hat and the shades for just a minute?  It would be nice to know what you look like.  Take a look at Sandaltan in the first picture.  Between the sunglasses and the shadow from the brim of the hat, you can’t hardly make out any of the features.  Put a bike helmet on his head and he could any of the next dozen guys I see on the trail ahead of me.

-“BB”-

Sandaltan ., August 28, 2011 at 11:02 am

You are of course correct BB.  I should have taken off the hat, I will do better.  Tom is not one of us on the forum but is, I believe, important in Zinger’s life.  I like him, we both like Summer Shandy.  Comment Zinger????

RIDE RIGHT

Sandaltan ., August 28, 2011 at 11:10 am

I am the one on the right BB.  Please don’t show this around on Pearl Street.  Some people have long memories.

RIDE RIGHT  And btw Beebs…….where is your photo????
(Raining here in Dallas County…no bike ride this afternoon)

“Bicycle Bill”, August 28, 2011 at 11:29 am

I don’t clean up too good.  Maybe someday.

-“BB”-

Zinger, August 28, 2011 at 3:22 pm

“Bicycle Bill” said: So just who might Tom be?  That seems to be a rather possessive-looking hand draped over Zinger’s shoulder there. 

Tom’s my sweetie. He’s new to biking, but coming on strong. Heck, he made it up Potter’s Hill with me last week!!  He should be ready to ride some, if not all, of RAGBRAI next year. We both very much enjoyed spending time with some of the “forum guys”!

ST & jwsknk – I’ve spent much of the afternoon pouring over US maps and plotting different routes!! Thanks for answering all my questions yesterday!

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)

The forum ‘RAGBRAI XXXIX – 2011’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Categories

Looking for RIDES

RAGBRAI XLVII – 2019

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2020

RAGBRAI XLVI – 2018

Training

RAGBRAI XLV – 2017

RAGBRAI XLIV – 2016

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

RAGBRAI XLIII – 2015