August 27th RAGBRAI Reunion Ride

Anyone have details on the ride scheduled on August 27th (RAGBRAI Reunion)?  The RAGBRAI Facebook page mentions it but gives no information.

30 Replies

DotComFactory, August 28, 2011 at 4:10 pm

Sandaltan said: …sorry I did not speak up at the 9:00 am meeting and ask if there were any forum participants in the crowd.

That makes two of us.  Was my first reunion ride meeting (only pedaled two RAGBRAIs this far) and was a little shy.  I’ll try to get to know more of the regulars here over the next several months and look forward to meeting face to face another time.  I did see Toadhead at the Flat Tire, I think.  Actually, your group may have crossed my path as I was sitting at the sunniest table on the deck for a while before moving indoors to the bar.

My “proof” I was at the bridge…http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/296918_10150767275230694_642070693_20485069_5840523_n.jpg” />

DotComFactory, August 28, 2011 at 4:11 pm

Alright, how do I resize a photo on this forum…?

jelly0317, August 28, 2011 at 6:16 pm

I got to the Flat Tire Lounge just in time to see my horse fade from contention in the eighth race.  The staff was nice enough to turn one of the TVs from the Little League World Series (sorry, kids) to horse racing on TVG.  So, I was able to watch my horses in the ninth, tenth, eleventh, and twelth races perform similar fades.  Even an offer to buy a round for the house if the #7 won the Travers Stakes couldn’t change my luck.  If any of you are in a bar in Central Iowa on a Saturday afternnon, and notice that there’s a horse race on TV, there’s a good chance that I’m in the crowd.  Next week, the Woodward and Forego Stakes are on Versus at 4:00!

Sandaltan ., August 28, 2011 at 6:28 pm

DCF, we were seated right next to you at the Flat Tire, I remember seeing your jersey.  Jelly, I will be on the lookout for horse racing on TV.  My mom was a huge horse race fan.  Other sports did not matter.  She looked forward to the Kentucky Derby like a football fan looks forward to the Super Bowl.

RIDE RIGHT

“Bicycle Bill”, August 29, 2011 at 1:40 am

DotComFactory said: Alright, how do I resize a photo on this forum…?

Not sure since the image needs to be have a URL indicating it’s hosted (usually as a .jpg file) on a web server somewhere, but I was able to resize a picture I’m using as an avatar elsewhere through MS Paint.

-“BB”-

DotComFactory, August 29, 2011 at 6:06 am

Sandaltan said: DCF, we were seated right next to you at the Flat Tire, I remember seeing your jersey.  

Guess I’m going to have to get a little more vocal and introduce myself at these kind of events!  Probably would have recognized you, Sandaltan, if I had been checking out everyone’s shoes!

DotComFactory, August 29, 2011 at 6:08 am

“Bicycle Bill” saidNot sure since the image needs to be have a URL indicating it’s hosted (usually as a .jpg file) on a web server somewhere…

Yeah, I pointed it to the same URL that is referenced at Facebook.  Was hoping I could use the IMG tag and size it there, but no luck yet.  Maybe I just need to resize it and host my pics somewhere else.  Or read the WordPress manual, God forbid!

Michrider !!!, August 29, 2011 at 7:36 am

DotComFactory said:

Sandaltan said: DCF, we were seated right next to you at the Flat Tire, I remember seeing your jersey.  

Guess I’m going to have to get a little more vocal and introduce myself at these kind of events!  Probably would have recognized you, Sandaltan, if I had been checking out everyone’s shoes!

Yeah, DCF, sounds like your kinda like me, laid back, quiet and maybe even shy, LOL?

DotComFactory, August 29, 2011 at 5:48 pm

Michrider said:

Yeah, DCF, sounds like your kinda like me, laid back, quiet and maybe even shy, LOL?

Not usually too shy, but wasn’t going to look at everyone’s shoes and ask if they were the famous (infamous?) Sandaltan.  I did try to keep my eyes on the curbs looking for you, though!

toadhead, August 30, 2011 at 7:03 pm

DCF….  Why didn’t you say hello???? 

Mich????  Were you there and I didn’t know it????

Saw Zinger, JW, and Zinger’s man….  Met ST for the first time….

My being there was a last minute thing….  Glad I made it!!!!

DotComFactory, August 31, 2011 at 3:10 am

toadhead said: DCF….  Why didn’t you say hello???? 

Only recognize you from pictures afterwards.  Wouldn’t have known you by name at that moment – still trying to memorize everyone’s forum name and avatar…  

But I was at the corner of the bar when – I think – you were getting a beverage and my riding partner was trying to get back on his barstool that you were resting your arm on…

Michrider !!!, August 31, 2011 at 5:33 am

toadhead said: DCF….  Why didn’t you say hello???? 

Mich????  Were you there and I didn’t know it????

Saw Zinger, JW, and Zinger’s man….  Met ST for the first time….

My being there was a last minute thing….  Glad I made it!!!!

Toadhead, I was not there.  I was in Ohio doing an MS-150 ride.  It sounds like everybody had fun!

gageplate, August 31, 2011 at 4:58 pm

“My training partner turned what should have been a leisurely three to
four hour ride into an eight-hour drunken pedal-fest and made me drive
his car back to Burlington while he slept and loudly snored in the
passenger”

You wonder why cars don’t like us.  That would have looked great for the rest of the bicycling community if he had gotten hit. 

DotComFactory, August 31, 2011 at 7:23 pm

gageplate said: That would have looked great for the rest of the bicycling community if he had gotten hit. 

Oh, he wasn’t all that much more obnoxious than when he’s sober.  And if we had been on busy streets instead of the safety of the trail, I would have reeled him in some (not that it was my day to watch him).  But I hear you.  

Michrider !!!, August 31, 2011 at 8:07 pm

Sounds like I missed a good party!!!!!

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)

The forum ‘RAGBRAI XXXIX – 2011’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Categories

Looking for RIDES

RAGBRAI XLVII – 2019

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2020

RAGBRAI XLVI – 2018

Training

RAGBRAI XLV – 2017

RAGBRAI XLIV – 2016

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

RAGBRAI XLIII – 2015