Registration is now closed for RAGBRAI XLIX. Transfers are now open!

Aurelia Drive Through Town

We are inviting all Ragbraii riders that might be driving through the town of Aurelia to stop by the Aurelia Kiwanis walking/bike trail. Signs will be posted and it doesn’t take you that far off the highway. Please stop by and check out the amazing metal artwork we have out there!!

7 Replies

HelenP, July 12, 2021 at 3:02 pm

In an online photo, the one of a high wheeled penny farthing cyclist looks ready to ride off along the trail! :-)

Matt, July 12, 2021 at 3:18 pm

All 15,000~ of us will be passing through, no worries. :-) Thanks for the post and heads up. I checked out your facebook. Those look amazing. It’ll be worth a visit. Our meeting/lunch town for the day is Cherokee. Do you know if any churches/clubs in Aurelia will be selling desert? I’ll save some room if so, since you are immediately after Cherokee.

hnschipper, July 12, 2021 at 4:50 pm

I grew up in Aurelia and I am excited to see this!!!

I know Aurelia has a great bakery that will be open for RAGBRAI.

AureliaKiwanis, July 12, 2021 at 6:24 pm

I believe our bakery in town will be selling sweet treats! You won’t be disappointed!

AureliaKiwanis, July 12, 2021 at 9:13 pm

Search Katie Mae’d on Facebook! She is already advertising what she will have. My personal fave is the Billy Ray cheese cake. 😁

Rob Fuller, July 13, 2021 at 11:07 am

As they say up North “u betcha”. Thanks for the heads-up.

AureliaKiwanis, July 15, 2021 at 7:54 am

I know someone messaged me about food options in our small little town. :) We do have a wonderful El Salvadorian restaurant called “El paso restaurante y pupuseria”. Search them on Facebook. Their tacos are most wonderful as are their nachos, pupusas, enchilads and burgers. LOL. We also have a coffee shop and I sent a message asking if they were planning on being open that day because they are normally closed on Saturday’s. I’ll update as I know more! Look forward to seeing all 1 million of you. Haha.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Categories

RAGBRAI XLIX – 2022

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2021

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2020

Training

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

Clubs, Teams & Charters

Friends of RAGBRAI