RAGBRAI XLIX registration is now open!

Bagging vs non-bagging

Hi,
This’ll be my first RAGBRAI and I’m planning on bagging it.  My concern is that I’m on a small team with two others who’d like to put their gear on a truck.  Will I be able to camp in the same area as my buddies if I carry my own gear?

9 Replies

knees36, March 21, 2011 at 1:12 pm

jthandle said: Hi,This’ll be my first RAGBRAI and I’m planning on bagging it.  My concern is that I’m on a small team with two others who’d like to put their gear on a truck.  Will I be able to camp in the same area as my buddies if I carry my own gear?

In all likelyhood…Yes….and have a great ride across Iowa!!! 

Dan in Iowa, March 21, 2011 at 1:24 pm

You will have no problem with that at all.  I’ve bagged all but one of the RAGBRAIs I’ve done.  I love the freedom of it and camping where ever you want is one of those freedoms.  You learn pretty quickly not to tent near the motor homes with their generators running all night. You learn which teams are up all night and which are up uber early.  It’s a great way to RAGBRAI!!

Michrider !!!, March 21, 2011 at 3:18 pm

Next year when RAGBRAI take Amanda’s Northern route!

jwsknk, March 21, 2011 at 3:24 pm

Michrider said: Next year when RAGBRAI take Amanda’s Northern route!

northern? north to south through DM for the 40th Aniv. shake thing up a it.

Michrider !!!, March 21, 2011 at 3:43 pm

jwsknk said:

Michrider said: Next year when RAGBRAI take Amanda’s Northern route!

northern? north to south through DM for the 40th Aniv. shake thing up a it.
Will there be Budweiser?

Bartaped, March 21, 2011 at 5:21 pm

40th may be North next year, but hate to break the news so early, you must do the ride “Baggin” style next year to be drawn in the lottery.

Any other baggers looking for other baggers to ride with?

jwsknk, March 22, 2011 at 7:01 am

Bartaped said: 40th may be North next year, but hate to break the news so early, you must do the ride “Baggin” style next year to be drawn in the lottery. Any other baggers looking for other baggers to ride with?

Sure, I’d be there. Looking for 1-2 to do a trip this year. 1-2 week Minnesota loop or 2 weeks New Orleans to Nashville, the problem with that is getting there then getting home

jthandle, March 22, 2011 at 8:13 am

Thanks everyone.  I’m looking forward to mocking my friends for using a truck :)
Happy trails!

Dan in Iowa, March 22, 2011 at 8:39 am

jthandle said: Thanks everyone.  I’m looking forward to mocking my friends for using a truck :)Happy trails!

That’s the spirit!!  That makes it even better!!!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Categories

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2021

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2020

Training

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

Clubs, Teams & Charters

Friends of RAGBRAI