RAGBRAI LI Route Announced on Jan. 27!

Beer Thread

Iceman, today I brought home a 6-pack of Bohemia.  I’m icing it up now!

76 Replies

“Bicycle Bill”, December 31, 2010 at 9:53 am

Michrider said:

What keeps the beer from leaking out the bottom of the cup?

Maybe you need to drink it really fast?

-“BB”-

#11840

Michrider !!!, December 31, 2010 at 10:18 am

“Bicycle Bill” said:

Michrider said:

What keeps the beer from leaking out the bottom of the cup?

Maybe you need to drink it really fast?-“BB”-

B.B. that’s a great idea!  Why didn’t I think of that????

#11841

jwsknk, December 31, 2010 at 11:49 am

Michrider, get someonr to tow a Shoot a brew cooler for you. just foloe along during the ride and hit the remote when you ned one. ( developed by an ISU grad, engineer I think) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCxMdOkw5MQ

#11842

Michrider !!!, December 31, 2010 at 2:39 pm

jwsknk said: Michrider, get someonr to tow a Shoot a brew cooler for you. just foloe along during the ride and hit the remote when you ned one. ( developed by an ISU grad, engineer I think) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCxMdOkw5MQ

Any beer serving invention is a step forward for mankind!  I’ve got my bucket of Budweiser iced down and I’ll be off to a party at my friend the Butterfly’s house.  Happy 2011 to everyone!

#11843

gordie, January 16, 2011 at 10:02 pm

Ok since this is a beer thread here we go:
My top 5 all time favorite beers:
1.  Sierra Nevada Pale Ale
2.  Left Hand Milk Stout
3.  Bent River Uncommon Stout  (coffee beer)
4.  Leinekugel Red Lager
5.  St Joseph’s Raspberry Wheat
…… and my go to beer when I don’t have these is Busch Lite.

#11844

JJDUBS, January 27, 2011 at 8:48 am

Thats a great list Gordie! I am a beer snob who will be a Ragbrai noob this year.  I understand that i will most likely be in for a week of choking down Boowiezers and Boosch Lite (hopefully both will be in a camo can), but please amuse me for a sec and let me the best beer you had during Rabgrai. 

#11845

Michrider !!!, January 27, 2011 at 8:59 am

gordie said: Ok since this is a beer thread here we go:My top 5 all time favorite beers:1.  Sierra Nevada Pale Ale2.  Left Hand Milk Stout3.  Bent River Uncommon Stout  (coffee beer)4.  Leinekugel Red Lager5.  St Joseph’s Raspberry Wheat…… and my go to beer when I don’t have these is Busch Lite.

Nice beer list Gordie!  Good luck finding anything close in a RAGBRAI beer garden!  Stop by section of curb and I’ll buy you a Budweiser!!!!

#11846

jwsknk, January 27, 2011 at 9:04 am

a week of BMC products, Miller is a “official” sponsor but the Bud bus will be in a pass through town beer garden every day playing the same old music. Don’t be surprided to hear “Who let the dogs out?”, “Sweet Caroline”, and the novelty song of the year every day at least once.
You might be able to find some other beer in a bar, but mostly they too will lay in a big supply od BMC products. best bet would be going to a Hy-Vee grocery and picking some up there

#11847

Michrider !!!, January 27, 2011 at 9:18 am

jwsknk said: a week of BMC products, Miller is a “official” sponsor but the Bud bus will be in a pass through town beer garden every day playing the same old music. Don’t be surprided to hear “Who let the dogs out?”, “Sweet Caroline”, and the novelty song of the year every day at least once. You might be able to find some other beer in a bar, but mostly they too will lay in a big supply od BMC products. best bet would be going to a Hy-Vee grocery and picking some up there

In the heat of July, my favorite Budweiser will do just fine.  I’ll save the craft beers for when I get home!

#11848

OhioCyclone, January 27, 2011 at 3:32 pm

Craft beers aare totally worth it. My favorite brewery is flying dog, favorite beer is there double IPA of non PC etymology. But yeah three of those is three quarters  of a twelve pack of diesel. I wouldn’t want to throw those down then go for a ride. talk about a spair tire. 

#11849

Michrider !!!, January 27, 2011 at 3:37 pm

OhioCyclone said: Craft beers aare totally worth it. My favorite brewery is flying dog, favorite beer is there double IPA of non PC etymology. But yeah three of those is three quarters  of a twelve pack of diesel. I wouldn’t want to throw those down then go for a ride. talk about a spair tire. 

Yes, the BMC beers will do just fine on RAGBRAI in July!

#11850

helenheart, January 28, 2011 at 12:06 am

Did you know that the chocolate clump at the bottom of superior sugar cones is designed to keep the ice cream from leaking out? 

Is this a great country, or what?!?!?! xo

#11851

Michrider !!!, January 28, 2011 at 6:26 am

helenheart said: Did you know that the chocolate clump at the bottom of superior sugar cones is designed to keep the ice cream from leaking out? 

Is this a great country, or what?!?!?! xo

Keep your ice cream out of my beer ;)!!!!

#11852

jwsknk, January 28, 2011 at 8:28 am

if you put wanilla ice sream in a chocolate stout, would you have a beer float?

#11853

RonB, January 28, 2011 at 9:08 am

helenheart said: Did you know that the chocolate clump at the bottom of superior sugar cones is designed to keep the ice cream from leaking out? 

Is this a great country, or what?!?!?! xo

I did not know that.  Simply amazing what one can learn on these forums from all you wise ones!

#11854

Viewing 15 replies - 31 through 45 (of 76 total)

The forum ‘RAGBRAI XXXIX – 2011’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Categories

RAGBRAI L – 2023

RAGBRAI XLIX – 2022

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2021

Training

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

Clubs, Teams & Charters

Friends of RAGBRAI