Best and Worst?

What is everyones opinions on Best town and Worst town?

Best town for me was Waukon. They had everyone spread out, set up, just seemed to flow good in town.
Oddly Charles City seemed to be the worst town from our teams experience. Lack of everything.
Even with a vehicle pass, we kept getting told we werent allowed into the official camping areas in EVERY town. However every single local was driving through taking photos of everything.

Overall, the ride was good, a few very rough patches. The first stretch out of Decorah was the roughest roads. The weather was great in my opinion other than a little windy one day.

As soon as we got more to eastern Iowa, traffic got worse and worse on the routes. We even had a group get ran off the road by a milk truck driver that decided he didnt care if RAGBRAI was there or not and simply laid on his horn.

So, whats everyone elses opinions?

46 Replies

James Wilson, December 27, 2017 at 9:12 pm

Sorry late to the party. I guess with the cold weather, I just am stuck inside dreaming about next years RAGBRAI while reminiscing about last year’s. This was my first RAGBRAI. It was everything I expected and then some. The worst is easy – the ending. As I was coasting down into Lansing, my son passed me and asked if I was okay as I was going slow. I told him – nothing, other than when I dip my tire, vacation is over. 🙁 I can’t find one favorite. I would say all the hospitality that was afforded to me over the week is unforgettable. I also liked the mornings, as I would go from my camping spot, heading to the main route, the accumulating of bikers certainly made me know that there was no other place I would rather be. The sound of the bikes, and everyone clicking thru gears while saying good morning brings a smile to my face. Can’t wait until next year!

Viewing 46 replies (of 46 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Categories

Looking for RIDES

RAGBRAI XLVII – 2019

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2020

RAGBRAI XLVI – 2018

Training

RAGBRAI XLV – 2017

RAGBRAI XLIV – 2016

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

RAGBRAI XLIII – 2015