Join Us in July - Register Today!

Best FREE Beer Stop ?

My vote is for the Nebraska Brewing Company stop at the PBV property on Sunday.
Partially because the rain finally ended.
Really like those can lids. Good taste. Good company. Well worth my donation for the ice. . . . .

9 Replies

francoisvanzyl, August 1, 2019 at 3:49 pm

As opposed to what? A bad free beer stop? No such thing.

Niles, August 1, 2019 at 5:22 pm

Anyone can top the one on Friday after Geode State Park? 15000 cans of free beer, live band, on a private property so cops couldn’t shut it down.

Jeff Eckel, August 2, 2019 at 3:58 pm

The Lizard party was the party of the decade. A pool the size of a pond and a hot tub the size of a pool with waterfalls. A great band and all the beer you can drink. It was great!

Niles, August 2, 2019 at 4:39 pm

Jeff, yeah, that’s the party I was talking about. Our group had spent too much time on towns and craft beer tents. Thus we were hesitant whether we wanted to go the party after we heard the music over the corns. But fortunately, our curiosity took us there. Walking town the driveway and seeing the party at first sight, our minds were blown away. What a party!

Derek Fye, August 3, 2019 at 1:26 pm

Mine was the very run down house(can’t remember what town it was,second day maybe) lady and son sitting outside with a sign that said free shots and two bottles, a vodka and something else. Almost quick to judge with no one being there we decided to stop. After talking with the lady we found out her mother loved ragbrai and always handed out waters and drinks. Come to find out her mom died in January this year so she felt she needed to do something for her mother so she handed out all the alcohol she had in her house. One of my favorite memories from this years ride to meet people with nothing who give the most.

Kevin Kosgard, August 5, 2019 at 3:02 pm

Our favorite continues to be the Just More Breakfast site 5-10 miles outside of the overnight towns each day. Free will donation for beers and bloody’s!

However, the Lizard party was pretty ridiculous! They know how to throw a great party.

Anonymous, August 6, 2019 at 2:22 am

I agree with Jeff and Niles that Team Lizard party won RAGBRAI (I heard they spent 25k on that thing!)

BenToland, August 6, 2019 at 11:23 am

…how am I missing all these parties?

Sandaltan ., August 6, 2019 at 7:21 pm

“Come to find out her mom died in January this year so she felt she needed to do something for her mother so she handed out all the alcohol she had in her house. One of my favorite memories from this years ride to meet people with nothing who give the most.”
Great little nugget of RAGBRAI lore, thanks for sharing this Derek Fye.

RIDE RIGHT

The forum ‘RAGBRAI XLVII – 2019’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Categories

RAGBRAI L – 2023

RAGBRAI XLIX – 2022

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2021

Training

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

Clubs, Teams & Charters