Bicycle stereo systems

I noticed on the ride that several people had some pretty good sounding stereo systems. Would anyone care to share what they have and how they like it? I would like to get a system for my road bike and would appreciate any advice on the subject. Thanks in advance.

25 Replies

Jimmy, April 16, 2014 at 3:04 pm

If you’re looking for a bike speaker that’s loud enough to be heard over wind, other bikers, etc, check out http://www.bikebeatz.com. They’re handmade in Chicago and attach to a rear pannier rack.

Here4TheRide, April 19, 2014 at 8:01 am

@jimmy: I’m looking for a speaker that’s NOT loud enough to be heard over wind, other bikers, etc. Once found, I’d like that this speaker to be named the de facto RAGBRAI bike speaker.

Stereo heads: Your taste in music isn’t half as great as you’d like to believe it is. Nor is mine. Really and truly.
I love music and even listen to it on many training rides, to help pass the hours on back country roads.
But RAGBRAI is all about the cycling community, making new friends, talking to one another and sharing a week on the bike in a beautiful, natural setting. This sort of interpersonal communication is not possible when someone next to you is blasting Robin Thicke.
Please leave the boombox at home. We’d rather chat in easy, quiet tones.

Iceman, April 21, 2014 at 7:21 am

Here4Ride – you are correct, but let’s call a spade a spade. Do you like pulling up to an intersection in your car where some self-centered jerk thinks the whole world needs to listen to his music? Nope. Same thing on RAGBRAI. Shut’em off, muffin heads.

jwsknk, April 21, 2014 at 8:03 am

At the right volume can also start conversations, last year a guy road up alongside, “hey, is that Stevie Ray?”, Yep, Stevie ray and Albert King”, “This is so cool, never heard this version before”, ( it was their 6:00 take on Pride & Joy). After that never say him again (I think).

The forum ‘RAGBRAI XL – 2012’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Categories

Looking for RIDES

RAGBRAI XLVII – 2019

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2020

RAGBRAI XLVI – 2018

Training

RAGBRAI XLV – 2017

RAGBRAI XLIV – 2016

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

RAGBRAI XLIII – 2015