Bike Rental

Hi
Do any teams know if bike rentals? Also my 16 year old and my self are interested in a team-

7 Replies

Dizzy, November 11, 2019 at 1:36 pm

Hello Ken,

For bike rental information, follow the following path of links: The Ride > Services > Bike Rentals.

For Teams, search through the list to the right: Categories > Clubs, Teams & Charters
The team list is not all-inclusive and after the route announcement party in January and all the way till the start of the ride, there will be numerous teams advertising space for riders.

Best of luck, D

Ken Koprowski, November 11, 2019 at 2:49 pm

thanks- will check out, not sure if I want to bring bikes from LA-
cheers
Ken

bmyoungberg, November 11, 2019 at 8:53 pm

– met a guy from Cal a couple of years ago who bought a basic bike from Craigslist in the start town and just donated it at the end town.
– Do not feel you have to be on a team. You get the free truck transport with entry fee. Very easy and the camp is quiet at 10 at latest. Convenient to showers and town activities. I go on my own and save the $$. It would pay for the bike transport too if you shipped them.

Ken Koprowski, November 11, 2019 at 10:14 pm

I should have ridden it when I lived in Ohio much closer. I will look into shipping it I just need a location ect. I will keep my eyes on here to get info

Don Raatz, November 13, 2019 at 3:00 pm

We were able to “rent” a bike for last year’s RAGBRAI from Bike World in Des Moines (the one on EP True Parkway). Technically, we didn’t “rent” it. They sold us a used bike for a day and we returned it minus a small fee. Long story…we lost a bike off our rack on I-70 in Missouri on our way to the start. They actually had a nice selection of bikes and were very accomodating. The only issue is it’s probably going to be out of your way unless you fly into Des Moines directly.

Sandaltan ., November 13, 2019 at 3:41 pm

Maybe if you call Bike World they could arrange the same deal as above, you buy and then sell back to Bike World at the end of the ride. I would expect you to give them a credit card for charges and they could bring the bikes to the start town. Also, they have a charter which may suit your needs.

https://www.bikeworldiowa.com/

RIDE RIGHT

Ken Koprowski, November 13, 2019 at 5:36 pm

thanks
still trying to sort everything out- if i still lived in Ohio it would be much easier-
But coming from LA it is more challenging and trying not to break the bank

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Categories

Looking for RIDES

RAGBRAI XLVII – 2019

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2020

RAGBRAI XLVI – 2018

Training

RAGBRAI XLV – 2017

RAGBRAI XLIV – 2016

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

RAGBRAI XLIII – 2015