Bike shop gets a face lift.

OK this might shock a few of you. My 60 something carpet is coming up. I’m making a storage room, home theater room, and lounge/bar in the basement. So the bike shop no longer has an orange paisley floor. When I get it done I’ll post some pics of the new shop.

Paisley carpet be gone!

6 Replies

ak2outside, April 17, 2014 at 6:08 pm

you should keep a square foot of it and frame it as a reminder of from whence it comes.

“Bicycle Bill”, April 18, 2014 at 1:30 am

Good thing, then, that I downloaded a picture that showed the carpet and saved it to my hard drive.

You may have banished it from the real world, Tony, but so long as it lives on in cyberspace it will not be forgotten!!

-“BB”-

jwsknk, April 18, 2014 at 7:45 am

I think you need to keep a section big enough to fit inside your tent. Wall to wall carpet for RAGBRAI 🙂

Paul, April 18, 2014 at 10:15 am

So I take it you are updating to an avocado paisley print floor. Good idea!

Sandaltan ., April 18, 2014 at 4:36 pm

I would like to see a photo of you two enjoying your new entertainment center!!! Maybe a photo of the grand opening of “Tony’s Place”.

RIDE RIGHT

Tony, April 20, 2014 at 5:51 pm

I like the idea of framing a piece of it. I could put all my lapel pins on it.

Paul I will be laying a floating wood laninant floor.

ST it will be awhile before we are done. Doing mostly demolition right know. Then wall framing and electrical. Should be done by years end. I have a wedding to take care of first. I designed the new basement with Turbo Floor Plan. The 3D mode really helps you visualize the rooms. Even helps layout furniture and choose colors. When done. I’ll have a new office, lounge, home theater, 1/2 bath, laundry, storage and shop. Not a small project. Shop has the least change. So it is almost done. It is nice being able to work on the bikes there. After so many years using the old family room. Much better use of space.

The forum ‘RAGBRAI XLII – 2014’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Categories

Looking for RIDES

RAGBRAI XLVII – 2019

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2020

RAGBRAI XLVI – 2018

Training

RAGBRAI XLV – 2017

RAGBRAI XLIV – 2016

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

RAGBRAI XLIII – 2015