Bikers through St. Louis? Inputs?

Hi, I’m doing RAGBRAI for first time. Veteran bikers any inputs for me? I’m biking consistently for 30mi in 2 hours. Also I’m looking for some group to tag along, share ride and expenses. I’m from Rolla, MO (between St. Louis and Springfiled, MO) so anyone from around St. Louis area or AR, OK, TN, MS, LA, TX is fine. Please email prabhu.ce@gmail.com. Thanks for your comments.

5 Replies

Gizmo, March 21, 2011 at 6:20 pm

The first time I did RAGBRAI (1995)  I biked 25-35 miles 5-6 days a week to train. Didnt want to be the last one in …. :)  turns out I didnt need to train that hard and was the first one in half the time….. But I would rather do it that way than the other (I’ve done that too and it is not fun) You didnt mention how often you ride but I suspect you are on the right track…

pangajala, March 22, 2011 at 12:35 pm

I ride once or twice a week. 

Gizmo, March 22, 2011 at 5:16 pm

in my experience, riding at least 3-4 times a week is best. This is more because of your butt on the seat than anything else…

Michrider !!!, March 23, 2011 at 4:47 am

Gizmo said: in my experience, riding at least 3-4 times a week is best. This is more because of your butt on the seat than anything else…

Yes, I agree with Gizmo!  Ride as often as you can.  You need that saddle time to get your butt in shape.  Most people on RAGBRAI don’t complain about their legs hurting, it’s the butts that hurt!!!!

jwsknk, March 23, 2011 at 7:09 am

in the summer we do a group 25-30 every Wed night, work up to some longer Sat. rides, 50 – 70,  and 20-40 on Sunday morning and usually another 10-15 Sunday afternoon to the winery to sit ouside and listen to the live music.
Plus I get at least 5 miles a day year round commuting to work.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Categories

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2021

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2020

Training

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

Clubs, Teams & Charters

Friends of RAGBRAI