PART OF THE USA TODAY NETWORK

Boston area riders?

Two seasoned RAGBRAI vets planning on driving out to the end town from the Boston area. Will rent a big enough vehicle for bikes gear, etc. We can take a charter shuttle to the start and pick up another rental for the trip home at the end of it all.

Holler back if you want to join in to split expenses, driving, story telling, etc!

Also could get lined up for training before then! (ride, beer stop, ride some more, ice cream stop, etc…..;)

11 Replies

Tyty, January 27, 2019 at 7:30 am

Brattleboro, VT here….moved from Greenfield, Mass a couple years ago. Glad to see some New England riders! Gearing up for my 7th time!

Scott Thomson, January 27, 2019 at 10:16 am

Ah! I’m coming from Boston and I’m still trying to figure out logistics of fly vs drive etc. I have friends coming from the west coast to ride with. This is my first RAGBRAI but not my first big ride, I did the Seattle To Portland once and a 10 week cross country trip. BTW, It looks like the last town only has one local car rental place, but the previous town has a few?

Ivan Krakow, March 25, 2019 at 12:48 pm

Coming from Peterborough , NH . This will be my first Rag Brai, and I will be driving out as well, probably have room for a couple of bikes. I was planning to drop the bikes off at Council Bluff, than back to Keokuk where I will leave my truck and catch at ride back.

Ivan

Bob Rausa, March 25, 2019 at 9:24 pm

Ivan, shoot me your email address and let’s keep in touch! I am in Nashua, my buddy in WOrcester, maybe we can get some miles in along the bike trails somewhere and plot/scheme about logistics.

Bob

Ivan Krakow, March 28, 2019 at 7:21 am

Not sure you received my response. So E mail is Ivankrakow09@Gmail.com,, Also as a heads up we are riding a Rans Seavo recumbent Tandem.

W Fanning, March 28, 2019 at 10:35 am

I am originally from Beverly MA.. I’ve done RAGBRAI last 2 years.. skipping this year.. hoping to do 50th.. my friend lives in Newburyport.. love RAGBRAI.. logistic are a challenge… we did a Bike ride last summer that was a lot of fun.. Plum Island to Peaks Island ME.. plan on doing Great Allegheny Passage this summer… good luck this year..

jason gan, March 28, 2019 at 11:05 pm

I’m driving over 4 days from NYC! What route are you taking?

T. Gap Woo, March 29, 2019 at 8:41 am

I’m driving over 4 days from NYC! What route are you taking?

Good morning, Jason!

Mrs Woo and I leave from the Poconos in NE PA. We travel straight west on I-80, stopping overnight in NE OH at the in-laws. We drive the next day to Davenport IA and stay overnight. The third day takes us to the start town. This year, Council Bluffs is right off I-80, so it’s an easy route. In other years, you can pick up I-29 in Council Bluffs to access the other river start towns. Iowa is easy to navigate.

Since we are both retired now, we sight-see along the route. Don’t miss LeClaire and the Amana Colonies, although I’m sure you’ll find other points of interest!

Have a safe trip out and back. Enjoy your Ragbrai!

See you along the I-O-Way in July.

Karen Lee, June 8, 2019 at 5:51 pm

Hello Boston-area RAGBRAI’ers –
I am signed up for RAGBRAI with 2 other Bostonians and we are trying to sort through our bike options. We are all flying out, but interested in anyone that might be willing to provide passage for our 3 road bikes. We would obviously pay…
One veteran and 2 newbies. Training ride from N Andover to Newburyport (r/t) today. Long way to go… 😉
Thanks!

Ivan Krakow, June 10, 2019 at 7:04 pm

I will be driving out, and have room for 3-4 more bikes.. My e-mail is Ivankrakow09@Gmail.com

Eileen Smith, June 29, 2019 at 6:50 pm

I have recently determined that the group who had reserved Travelingbnb for this summer’s RAGBRAI will not be using my services. I have a campground reserved near Council Bluffs for the 19th -departing on the 21st. I anticipate staying at Cass County (near Atlantic) on the evening of the 21st. I have reserved Pammell State Park for the 22nd and 23rd. I do not have reservations for the evening of the 24th, but had anticipated staying in the RAGBRAI group campground. The 25th at Fairfield is still “iffy” but have a nightly probable stay planned. Burlington is still on a first come, first served status, and the campgrounds near Keokuk have been under water (literally) most of the last few weeks. However there are multiple options available.
So, my 34’ motor home is again up for graps. I would be traveling from CT, leaving on the 15, arriving at Council Bluffs area on the 19th. I can accommodate 3 adults in separate sleeping areas. I have removed a sofa to provide inside storage of your bicycles. The RV was not confirmed by the previous group so I do not know what my accompanying status is and will check with the organizers if someone chooses to utilize all of the amenities provided within. My charge is $500/night for the use of the motorhome, including a prepared breakfast each morning. There is a complete kitchen on board which will be at your disposal for preparing additional meals (or the use of a propane grill under the 19 foot awning) I have a large bathroom with on-demand hot water for refreshing showers. The two/three of you will have the complete privacy of the RV as I sleep and cook in a 16’ travel trailer that I tow behind.
If you don’t need me and my motor home but haven’t secured reservations for your accommodations along the way, I would be willing to sell my reservations to you at the price I paid for them.
Please contact me at Travelingbnb@gmail.com or (203) 506 7264. You can check out my web page at http://www.travelingbnb.com

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Categories

Looking for RIDES

RAGBRAI XLVII – 2019

RAGBRAI XLVI – 2018

Training

RAGBRAI XLV – 2017

RAGBRAI XLIV – 2016

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

RAGBRAI XLIII – 2015

RAGBRAI XLII – 2014