Brancel Charter

Good afternoon. Just wanting to know if anyone has any information/reviews about this charter? Just heard about it and wanted to hear from anyone who has used their service. Thanks and looking forward to my first RAGBRAI this year. Scott

32 Replies

klkoopman, December 31, 2019 at 10:59 am

I’ve never used them, but I have heard nothing but good things about Pork Belly Ventures. Tell you what, I gained a huge amount of respect for PBV when, after this October brouhaha, PVB announced their continued support for RAGBRAI within a day or two. None of this “well, let’s see how this all shakes out” point of view. I’m sure they had a great relationship with the past director but they had the guts to stick with the 47 year old institution come hell or high water.

Jose Medina, December 31, 2019 at 12:17 pm

I felt the same way about Pork Belly Ventures. That is why I am switching Charters and going with PBV from now on. They stepped right up in support of Ragbrai. They were not in a ‘wait and see mode’. I have heard great things about PBV and Brancel . This will be my 31st Ragbrai.I have used PBV showers many times thru the years and they were always a friendly group.

Scott Hagy, December 31, 2019 at 5:32 pm

Thanks Andy. I am very appreciative of the responses I have received and looking forward to RAGBRAI this year. Thanks again for sharing…Scott

Chris, January 11, 2020 at 5:32 pm

Though I’m adding to the echo chamber here: Brancel is a class act. Period, full shop.

Bob, Debbie and their family are personable, warm, and run a tight ship. Prices are fair, and was pointed out, they’ll go way out of their way for us. You can’t go wrong with them.

-Chris

John Little, January 11, 2020 at 7:29 pm

3 years with Brancel. I rate them a 10.

Michrider !!!, January 13, 2020 at 10:16 am

The only year I’ve used Brancel was in 2007. They did a good job then & I have never heard negative comments about this Charter. However, my favorite Charter still remains PBV!!!

BTW, RAGBRAI don’t care!!!

czysk, January 13, 2020 at 12:00 pm

I have used Brancel for 9 RAGBRAIs. They are awesome! They’re smaller than PBV, so many times our campground has shade when PBV does not. Sometimes we’re both in the sun. Very organized and on top of things. Bob, Debbie, and team are great! Highly recommend!

Bluestreelguy ., January 15, 2020 at 7:26 pm

I’ve used Brancel 2 years running (just to the start town.) and using them again this year. Class A service. They have ma as a customer as long as i ride RAGBRAI. Don’t care if they service T.J. and the pirates as long as they do RAGBRAI.

LawnchairMan, January 17, 2020 at 9:47 pm

What more can be said about Brancels? I agree with all previous comments, but will add my two cents worth.

By chance I chose Brancel for my first Ragbrai. I was anxious about how the logistics would work, and whether or not I could actually do the ride. Bob and staff put me at ease, by making the logistics simple. All I had to worry about was packing my gear and riding. That first year I got lost in the first overnight town. I stumbled upon the aquatic center where Bob and Nicole came to my rescue.
In 2015 I crashed the first day. The Brancels and team sagged me for the week, got my bike from the Register people, pitched my tent and gave me the TLC I needed. Because of the Brancel team I still had an enjoyable week in spite of being on crutches. I wouldn’t consider going with another charter!

John Chrun, January 26, 2020 at 12:36 pm

Unlike the charter I have used, it appears you either bring your tent and blow up mattress or you can rent a tent from Brancel. Correct?

Bluestreelguy ., January 26, 2020 at 12:59 pm

this will be my third year using Brancell to transit to the start. A1 super deluxe service. except no substitutes. the epitome of driving across a long rolling state. these guys are the acme of charters. to say they are the Apex charter service id not an understatement. you will find no superior service in the land! look no further you have found the Zenith in charters. no really i just like them.

Sparkles, January 26, 2020 at 1:32 pm

Brancel is THE BEST. I have been with them every year since 2003. It is like family. They treat everyone great. Whenever they ask how they can improve for the next year they always listen and fix it. Now I have run out of ideas to help them…they are THAT good!!! I just like their level of caring and their love of RAGBRAI….CANNOT FAKE THIS!!! lOVE, lOVE, lOVE Brancel!!! <3 #topnotch

John Chrun, January 26, 2020 at 3:55 pm

Can anyone address my question with regard to the tent situation?

czysk, January 26, 2020 at 4:15 pm

I don’t believe they rent tents. Everybody seems to do their own tent. I have a tent from Menards that cost around $50. It’s been through a couple of storms and did not leak. You are allowed 2 bags so carrying everything you need is not a problem. The more times you do RAGBRAI the less stuff you bring.

klkoopman, January 26, 2020 at 4:36 pm

All information is on the Brancel website. If you click on “weeklong services” they itemize tent rental as an optional service.

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Categories

Looking for RIDES

RAGBRAI XLVII – 2019

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2020

RAGBRAI XLVI – 2018

Training

RAGBRAI XLV – 2017

RAGBRAI XLIV – 2016

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

RAGBRAI XLIII – 2015