The Register's Annual Great Bicycle Ride Across Iowa

Brewhaha Bar Guide and Drunk Brian

Team Brewhaha has completed it’s annual bar guide that lists the bars, beer gardens, and where the Iowa Beer Bus will be. It will be available as a PDF tomorrow. Right now you can access it with the drunkbrian.com app. Once you download it it gives you the maps you need for the day, the bar guide and information about the overnight town. It is all on your phone and you do not have to worry about if you have service.

8 Replies

Cory Rood, July 18, 2018 at 5:34 am

Any word when Team Good Beer’s list will be done aswell? theirs lists whats avaliable at each bar. I hate getting to a bar and all thats avaliable is bud light or similar.

bugs11, July 18, 2018 at 8:49 am

Any word when Team Good Beer’s list will be done as well? theirs lists whats available at each bar. I hate getting to a bar and all that’s available is bud light or similar.

Or worse the only “craft beer” they have on tap is Sam Adams and it’s flat as a pancake.

stuckinmizzou, July 18, 2018 at 9:51 am

The bar guide is available for download on the Team Brewhaha Bar Guide page on Facebook. The link to the Drunk Brian app is also on Instagram (teambrewhaha) and it also be on the Team Brewhaha twitter feed @TeamBrewhaha sometime today. Thanks for playing!

jwsknk, July 18, 2018 at 10:33 am

I know Torrent in Ames has been brewing up a storm the past few weeks, rented extra kegs and adding a temp set of taps. Will have a smaller selection than normal in order to serve you faster, Snipe Hunt, Tornadic, Midnight Milk, and a few (3-4?) others. Opening earlier and staying open later. I think they will also have some Snus Hill wines by the glass, it’s between Madrid and Slater so local, and Jefferson Co. ciders on tap. http://torrentbrewingco.com/beer_type/all-beers/

This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by  jwsknk.

brewmeister.us, July 18, 2018 at 11:20 am

Any word when Team Good Beer’s list will be done aswell? theirs lists whats avaliable at each bar. I hate getting to a bar and all thats avaliable is bud light or similar.

It should be online pretty soon, know it is complete and went to the printer this morning.

As soon as I have a link, I will post it here in this forum.

Also, you can always look for a friendly Team Good Beer rider and they’ll always have one for you.

Bikingaddict, July 18, 2018 at 2:00 pm

Kudos to Torrent Brewing for offering a stout as one of the RAGBRAI offerings! I do love me some hoppy beers but I have allergy issues with certain types of hops. So it’s a pleasant surprise when I can find a non-IPA craft beer during the week 🙂

Matthew Lewis, July 18, 2018 at 2:17 pm

anyone else having a hard time getting Drunk Brian to download to iPhone for offline reading?

jwsknk, July 18, 2018 at 3:15 pm

that’s the one I usually drink in the winter, unless the Russian Imperial is on, or the barrel aged Russian imperial. This summer it’s been one of the sours. They might have the lime back, ran out last week but another batch was in process. Those 3 are the ones they try to always have on tap. one they don’t is bud light. or any other beer they don’t make.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Categories

Looking for RIDES

RAGBRAI XLVII – 2019

RAGBRAI XLVI – 2018

Training

RAGBRAI XLV – 2017

RAGBRAI XLIV – 2016

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

RAGBRAI XLIII – 2015

RAGBRAI XLII – 2014