Join Us in July - Register Today!

BRR

Hey Gang,
       Who’s all going out tomorrow to enjoy the balmy mid 30s weather for the annual trek from Perry to Rippey and back?

13 Replies

turtlemom, February 4, 2011 at 3:30 pm

My daughter and I will be there! Our first!

knees36, February 4, 2011 at 7:25 pm

turtlemom said: My daughter and I will be there! Our first!

Turtlemom and RK,  I’ll be there…my 29th, but then  I’m somewhat of an old dog.  I’ll be riding my 19 year-old  Borthwick that’s still as smooth as silk.

“Bicycle Bill”, February 5, 2011 at 2:59 am

I will be there in spirit if not in person.  Had to work until midnight Friday and have to be back on the job Sunday afternoon at 3:30, which means I not only had to take a pass on BRR this year, but I’ll also have to videotape the Packers kicking the snot out of the Steelers.

-“BB”-

Davy Sprocket, February 5, 2011 at 3:13 am

I am bummed too BB.  I really wanted to do the BRR this year, but I have track meet this morning.  So, once again I sit here saying, “next year.”

Michrider !!!, February 5, 2011 at 6:40 am

Davy Sprocket said: I am bummed too BB.  I really wanted to do the BRR this year, but I have track meet this morning.  So, once again I sit here saying, “next year.”

D.A.M.N., is today?  I thought it was next week.  Guess I’ll have to miss it again!!!!

“Bicycle Bill”, February 5, 2011 at 1:13 pm

turtlemom, knees — you will be expected to post a full report, of course.

-“BB”-

Sandaltan ., February 5, 2011 at 4:23 pm

I was relying on Mich to remind me…………..oh well.

RIDE RIGHT

Michrider !!!, February 5, 2011 at 4:31 pm

Sandaltan said: I was relying on Mich to remind me…………..oh well.

RIDE RIGHT

The only time you should rely on me is to bbuy the next round!!!!!

Michrider !!!, February 5, 2011 at 4:31 pm

RIDE RIGHT

The only time you should rely on me is to be ready for the next beer!!!!

knees36, February 5, 2011 at 6:00 pm

“Bicycle Bill” said: turtlemom, knees — you will be expected to post a full report, of course.-“BB”-

The BRR weather was great (sunny and no wind)…we were lucky, lucky, lucky!!!  It was cold, cold, cold earlier in the week but it warmed up to the low to mid 30’s today~~~guess-timating, of course~~~but it was very pleasant riding.  No winds either way to speak of, great food at the Rippey United Methodist Church…baked potato bar with the fixin’s, pie galore (mine was pecan pie), lots  of riders but not crowded over the 23+ miles, swimming at the Rec Center was wet, warm and pleasant, warm showers at the Rec Center, the hot tub was hot and wet at the Rec Center, and the “midway hot chocolate stop” was busy but very manageable going to Rippey and easy going coming back to Perry, and the chocolate was nice and hot going both ways.  Lots of stuff going on in downtown Perry  this afternoon…the bars were full, Hotel Pattee was very busy and the roads were clear driving back home…getting cloudy and foggy…so that made appreciating the day’s ride that much more.  One of the best BRR’s…for me…in a long time.  This next week is supposed to be much colder again in Iowa…much like the BRR ride was in about 2006 or  2007…a windchill of -35 degrees.  Now that’s really BRR-yyy!!!  Had fun today and now spring is “just around the corner”…or that’s what  I’m telling myself.  Knees.

helenheart, February 5, 2011 at 6:37 pm

Michrider said:

RIDE RIGHT

The only time you should rely on me is to bbuy the next round!!!!!

Kinda interesting that you stammered on the bbuy word!!!!

TurtleKid, February 5, 2011 at 6:50 pm

Went on BRR. Weather was great. My butt hurts. That is my report!

turtlemom, February 6, 2011 at 11:08 am

I second everything that knees said and also turtlekid! An awesome time was hide by all!

The forum ‘RAGBRAI XXXIX – 2011’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Categories

RAGBRAI L – 2023

RAGBRAI XLIX – 2022

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2021

Training

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

Clubs, Teams & Charters