Bubba’s Pampered Peddlers

I reserved with Bubba for Ragbrai. His cancellation policy is $300. He offered a 100% credit toward a future ride but or else the cancellation policy would kick in. I could not commit to Ragbrai 2021 at this time so I was charged the $300. I posted a bad review on his Facebook Page. The following was his response.

At time of registration, this person signed a contract which plainly stated the refund policy. Also stayed in the refund policy is the need for trip insurance. Instead of only enforcing that policy, a 100% credit for future events was also offered. This person requested the refund policy he agreed to when registering.
As for future events, there are several to choose from within weeks of the event which was cancelled and the credit extends into 2021 which will include numerous events.

You can decide who is right. I will have no further comment on it.

39 Replies

Reeves Hicks, April 25, 2020 at 3:08 pm

Got my check in the mail today from Brancel. No messing around, they handled this right .

Bubba, April 25, 2020 at 3:33 pm

All checks mailed today. I also handled it right.

kiowahog, April 25, 2020 at 6:28 pm

Uhhuh, the ol’ “the check is in the mail” story, huh? Way to play catch-up Bubba…

This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by kiowahog. Reason: Spelling

Jboz, April 25, 2020 at 7:52 pm

Uhhuh, the ol’ “the check is in the mail” story, huh? Way to play catch-up Bubba…

Why twist the knife? I don’t think there is any need for that. He may not have handled it perfectly, but he’s trying to make things right. I think he should be given the benefit of the doubt. He’s not some slick, well-funded corporation with lawyers and a PR department. He’s a small business person who has worked his ass off to deliver a service that people value, and he has built his business from the ground up. Like most of us, he is struggling and trying to deal with an unprecedented situation that he didn’t ask for. He was caught flat-footed by this and probably the reason his initial instinct was incorrect. He’s fixing it now…let’s not pile on.

mootsman, April 26, 2020 at 8:17 am

Jboz has it right. Thanks to Bubba for being open minded and setting things right.

Randall Murphy, April 26, 2020 at 11:49 am

There are lots of people in this world to be pissed off at and for good reason. Bubba is not one of them.

Ben There, April 26, 2020 at 6:26 pm

Bubba,
Thanks for all you have done, and all you do for your riders.
You are lucky to not have to serve these whiners in 2020. Please come back next year.

Sandaltan ., April 27, 2020 at 8:44 am

Thanks Bubba, you are still a class act in our opinion.

RIDE RIGHT

ThomasNye, April 27, 2020 at 1:28 pm

I remember being in Western Iowa in Whom only knows small town a decade’ish ago in a laundromat in 100s+ heat index. Bubba, after countless loads of washing and drying the team’s clothing, was dripping with sweat and looked as miserable as I felt. Under these dire conditions that I still considered preferable to sweat-napping in my tent (LOL), Bubba not only freed up a washer for me, but supplied me with detergent and his amiable hang-in-there encouragement. Bubba is aces in my book!

Viewing 9 replies - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Categories

Looking for RIDES

RAGBRAI XLVII – 2019

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2020

RAGBRAI XLVI – 2018

Training

RAGBRAI XLV – 2017

RAGBRAI XLIV – 2016

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

RAGBRAI XLIII – 2015