Bus back to Omaha, or bus from Keokuk to Quad Cities airport?

RAGBRAI virgin here. Think I know which charter I want to do. They don’t do any transport at the end of the ride, either back to Omaha (best airport for Southwest) or on to Quad Cities airport in Moline, IL.

Am I correct that there will be lots of paid options to do either trip once all the charter info gets completed on the RAGBRAI site? My intention is to pay a shipping company that does bike setup and takedown. Once I hand over my bike, I want to just jump on a bus and go to sleep, then wake up at the airport. Thoughts?

5 Replies

WrightBrother, February 4, 2019 at 9:10 pm

Jim,
If you look at Pork Belly Ventures charter, they transport riders from Omaha Eppley to the start town. Also, pick up riders in end town & transport back to Omaha. Look here: https://pkbelly.com/content/show/91 They’ve been doing RAGBRAI for more than 20 years and they provide top notch service and very comprehensive, too.

Herschel, February 7, 2019 at 2:16 pm

Amtrak runs from Ft Madison to Omaha.

Jim Hemphill, February 7, 2019 at 3:09 pm

Thanks, WrightBro and Herschel. I did reach out to PBV, and they have a shuttle service I’m planning to sign up for. I may use PBV as tent porter, or do something more limited. They confirmed I don’t need to sign up for the whole thing to do the charter bus back to Omaha.

If I enjoy RAGBRAI as much as I think I will (62-year-old RAGBRAI virgin here), I expect I’ll use PBV the next time for the full package.

Bob Rausa, February 10, 2019 at 9:05 am

Hey! Am 63 y/o with 20+ RAGBRAI’s. Pork Belly guys have been doing my logistics from Boston for the last 8 years or so. You’ll be in good hands for sure! There’s a bunch of “Porkers’ in this age group, you’ll have a blast!

Bob Rausa, February 10, 2019 at 9:06 am

Hey! Am 63 y/o with 20+ RAGBRAI’s. Pork Belly guys have been doing my logistics from Boston for the last 8 years or so. You’ll be in good hands for sure! There’s a bunch of “Porkers’ in this age group, you’ll have a blast! 5 more months to go!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Categories

Looking for RIDES

RAGBRAI XLVII – 2019

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2020

RAGBRAI XLVI – 2018

Training

RAGBRAI XLV – 2017

RAGBRAI XLIV – 2016

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

RAGBRAI XLIII – 2015