RAGBRAI XLVIII lottery results will be emailed to riders throughout the week!

Bus ride back to LeMars from Clinton.

I have looked at the charters and I did not see any that specifically had a bus back to LeMars from Clinton after the ride. I assume this would be a standard thing offered. I am a first time rider and wanted to know if this is something that is offered Ad/Hoc after the ride or do I need to find a ride ahead of time.
I have been going back and forth about charters, but I think I am going to go it alone.

8 Replies

hnschipper, April 13, 2021 at 6:32 pm

I would definitely have this planned ahead of time. It would likely be difficult to impossible to arrange this at the end of the ride.

czysk, April 13, 2021 at 8:25 pm

Drive your car to Clinton and have a charter transport your bike and you to LeMars. You are free to leave when you are done riding and do not have to wait for a bus to fill up

LawnchairMan, April 14, 2021 at 11:42 am

Brian,
Out of Staters charter will transport you and your bike from Clinton to Le Mars. Looks like they charge $175 for this and daily transport of your gear. Maybe they would reduce the fee if you only need transport on the last day. There are several other charters you could check also.

Kevin Even, April 14, 2021 at 12:48 pm

Brancel Charters has a transportation option for you and your bike from Clinton to LeMars. So as czysk, stated above, drive to Clinton and leave with Brancel Charters on July 24th and at the end of the ride you can jump in your vehicle and return home.

Jboz, April 16, 2021 at 11:59 am

Does Ron Oman also provide transportation back to the start town?

Brian Reed, April 29, 2021 at 11:26 am

Thanks LCM, I see they do offer the ride back to LeMars. I emailed Ron and he called me back, seems like a great guy and has a great service. Unfortunately he does not offer rides back to LeMars after Ragbrai.

I think OOS is my only choice.

9centschange, April 30, 2021 at 4:01 pm

Pork Belly does a bus from Clinton to Omaha. You would park at the long term parking at the Omaha airport and have them shuttle you from Omaha to Lemars ($78.00) before the race. Afterwards, you board the bus in Clinton and get shuttled back to the Omaha airport ($152.00).
https://pkbelly.com/Event/services/49

Brian Reed, May 2, 2021 at 10:18 am

Thanks, I signed up with Out Of Staters.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Categories

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2021

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2020

Training

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

Clubs, Teams & Charters

Friends of RAGBRAI