RAGBRAI LI Day Passes are still available!

California Bike Transport?

Hello all, I’d like to have an idea of what the interest is in my service this year. Would anyone out there like me to haul your bike this year? I’ll take it to the start and return it to you in California. I can take about 60 bikes. This year I can also arrange for boxing your bikes on both ends, and reassembly as well. Of course there will be a nominal service charge for that, perhaps something like $20.00 per bike on each end.

9 Replies

sowers1, January 29, 2012 at 8:02 pm

Sounds very interesting, I live north of LA, near Ventura line, is that in the right part of the state? Probably have 5 more bikes that could go too.

M6915N, January 29, 2012 at 9:44 pm

Going through Vegas? I have two bikes to send out there. Cost?

kellyfornia, January 29, 2012 at 9:47 pm

I am in Fresno, CA and would like more information as well!!!!!!!! I shipped my bike via FedEx last year and want to explore my options for this year.
Thanks!

weshigh, January 30, 2012 at 6:47 pm

I’m in Los Angeles and would be interested as well. I’ll be making the trip back home to Iowa this year for the ride.

rbskiir, February 3, 2012 at 1:53 am

Hello all, I’m in Santa Clara, near SF.  I wasn’t planning on helping in SoCal, but, if there are enough bikes down there I will reroute my trip.  I do have a rider and his goup in Ventura I hauled for in the past.  Perhaps if he signs up again we can work out a central location for me to pick up the bikes.   I’ll keep you posted.  I can also be reached at rbskiir@aol.com for any specifics.

I’ve done this 4 times already with great success.  I have returning riders who I’ve helped at least two or three times.  One would think they wouldn’t contact me if I screwed up their bikes/vacation.

I am also able to connect riders with a charter group that picks up in Omaha.  They do the same thing as PBV, minus a free BBQ, for about half the cost.

-RB

rbskiir, February 3, 2012 at 2:13 am

sowers1, would you be part of Dan’s group?  If so, I may have alreay hauled your bike.  I turned away riders from SoCal last year.  I’ve reconsidered the cost this year, like I said, it is possible I’ll drive down there.  I need a change of scenery anyway.

bentjay, February 7, 2012 at 12:30 am

I am between Fresno & Bakersfield and on my way to my first RAGBRAI. So I am very curious about your service and costs.

rbskiir, February 13, 2012 at 2:51 am

Hello zenetikjay, If I have enough bikes in SoCal I may be able to get close to Bakersfield. Please contact me at rbskiir@aol.com. We can chat a bit more about it.

-RB

rbskiir, May 8, 2012 at 11:44 pm

Hello all,

Okay, I’m now back from my own cycling in Florida. I’ve to made up my mind about transporting bikes this year. I’m doing it, I have the van reserved and I’m ready to take reservations! It looks like there is enough interest in SoCal so I’ll pick up there too. Please contact me at rbskiir@aol.com to make arrangements with me, or to learn more of the details.

-RB

The forum ‘RAGBRAI XL – 2012’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Categories

RAGBRAI L – 2023

RAGBRAI XLIX – 2022

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2021

Training

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

Clubs, Teams & Charters