Can anyone get a response from the organizers?

I ordered merchandise but it hasn’t been delivered. I’ve been trying to check on it but I can’t get RAGBRI to respond to emails. Does anyone have a phone contact number for the organizers?

14 Replies

francoisvanzyl, July 8, 2020 at 12:09 pm

I may be wrong but I suspect TJ, being on top of everything RAGBRAI, will be sorely missed a lot more in the coming months.

Sandaltan ., July 8, 2020 at 2:30 pm

Very true.

RIDE RIGHT

Ross Leuning, July 8, 2020 at 3:28 pm

I got an answer back. They’ve had some technical issues and are simply behind schedule.

KenH, July 14, 2020 at 8:08 am

I do not have my merchandise yet but they have responded to my emails. As of July 1 they said I should receive my goods “in the next few weeks”. Yes, a bit disappointing but I think the virus has a lot more to do with this than the departed ride director. I just cannot imagine TJ personally packing and shipping ride merchandise at this point in the RAGBRAI planning cycle so I don’t think his absence has anything to do with the delays. Large commercial distributors have had trouble keeping to their normal schedules through this mess, it is no surprise if RAGBRAI has similar trouble.

Sandaltan ., July 14, 2020 at 7:50 pm

“I just cannot imagine TJ personally packing and shipping ride merchandise at this point in the RAGBRAI planning cycle so I don’t think his absence has anything to do with the delays.”
At this point we are one year from the next ride.

RIDE RIGHT

KenH, July 15, 2020 at 9:59 pm

Yes we are just over a year from the next ride and I look forward to the time soon when the counter reads less than 365 days. However if this were just a few days from the next ride and there was still a backlog of registration packets to ship out TJ might have been barking orders like mad but he would have too many other fires to fight to spend time packing and shipping. His absence has little to do with the wait for merchandise and for the last two or three years the situation was similar, so I doubt very much that his presence would have made much difference this year.

We have no idea what troubles DD is facing right now. It might make us very worried indeed if we did know, based on the troubles that I see other businesses having right now. Covid shipwrecked Iowa’s Ride and sent its captain packing to another state. It has to be doing a number on RAGBRAI and the Register as well. This is not an easy time for anyone so I can stand to wait a bit longer to get my merchandise. I’d rather that the RAGBRAI team stay safe and in business than raise a stink because I’m not getting what I ordered instantly.

I did contact them but not out of impatience, just because I wanted to confirm that I was all squared away for next year. I am a team contact, you see, and out of the four of us two are not going next year, one was on the fence, two had not registered yet, and one was requesting a refund of his registration. So when the deadline hit I was registered but unpaid. The instructions on how to handle that situation were no where to be found so back then I had to consult with the RAGBRAI team on how to proceed. They gave me instructions which I followed and it seemed to work. They were dealing with team contacts like me on a case by case basis.

But then I still had not and have not received any merchandise or other promised communications several weeks after the promised date. So, I contacted them just to make sure my registration was all squared away. Throughout that whole process they were very helpful and accommodating though at times slow to respond due to the crush of business. You have to understand that they are not only dealing with Covid but also still cleaning up the mess that TJ left behind. They are doing well and I am willing to be patient. I honestly don’t think that TJ would be doing any better at this point.

Kim Mitchell, July 16, 2020 at 11:12 am

I requested a refund in May and they sent me an email that “the check is in the mail in 2 weeks”. Now it is July 16th and no check and they are incommunicado. Has anyone else had refund issues? Just a reply email would be helpful.

Mike Howe, July 16, 2020 at 12:55 pm

According to the Ragbrai app TJ is still the director. Seems that should be simple update? They have people waiting for their orders or waiting to just get a response but yet they have plenty of time to design new shirts and items to purchase and advertise them. Seems to me with Ragbrai being cancelled they would have plenty of more time to take care of some of those loose ends. Maybe the cancellation is a blessing in a sense it will give the new regime time to see where they are lacking and make improvements.

Michael Rissman, July 16, 2020 at 9:15 pm

I just sent a note to Ragbrai asking about my jersey and shorts I had ordered. I did this before looking at this forum. I did receive a refund check several weeks ago, but no shorts or jersey. I understand the possible reasons for the delay in merchandise, not TJ related as far as I am concerned. Heard TJ is going south and setting up a ride in AZ. Wish him luck and he better do it in the winter! LOL He’s replaceable as is everyone in the workforce! Looking forward to next year.

Sandaltan ., July 17, 2020 at 9:17 am

Dieter Drake will be in Des Moines next week. Another pair of hands to get that merchandise in the mail.

RIDE RIGHT

Anne Lawrie, July 17, 2020 at 1:09 pm

Hi Kim,

I am sending you a direct email regarding your refund. We checked with our finance department and have an update for you. Thanks so much, Anne

This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by Anne Lawrie.

This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by Anne Lawrie.

Anne Lawrie, July 17, 2020 at 1:57 pm

To all,

We are sorry for the delay in getting merchandise to you that you ordered with registration. Most importantly our delay in communicating. That we have control over and will do better. COVID played a large roll in our shipping delays over the past five months. We’ve been unable to access our offices on several occasions. The good news is that the team is working on shipping out all the merchandise orders from registrations over the next couple of weeks. We have increased staff size in order to get your merchandise out because we know we are delayed a month from when we promised. In addition, an email will go out to all transferred riders in the coming weeks with your merchandise promo code that we will extend through January 2021 to account for the delay in getting it to you. If you have direct questions or concerns you can always email me at @ragbrai.com">anne@ragbrai.com. With respect, Anne Lawrie.

Kim Mitchell, July 17, 2020 at 2:02 pm

Thanks Anne. My bad. I did receive the check but had no idea it was from RAGBRAI as it said Gannet Shared Service Center.

Anne Lawrie, July 17, 2020 at 2:05 pm

No problem, Kim. It is misleading. Glad you are all squared away though.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Categories

Looking for RIDES

RAGBRAI XLVII – 2019

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2020

RAGBRAI XLVI – 2018

Training

RAGBRAI XLV – 2017

RAGBRAI XLIV – 2016

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

RAGBRAI XLIII – 2015