Cedar County Sheriff

Eye roll…
http://www.1630kcjj.com/Sheriff-wants-RAGBRAI-to-pay-if-it-passes-through-/23161967

19 Replies

Groeny82, November 1, 2017 at 1:36 pm

Just to echo Mike Cordes’ response, I said pretty much the same thing in a different thread. I’m from a past start town, hopefully again in the future, as well as good friends with our town’s mayor. He told me the same thing, the town doesn’t make any money, it’s all local businesses and various groups that make money. If anything, the town might lose money. I don’t know how that correlates to the county, maybe the same way? That being said, the sheriff came off quite negatively and could have definitely been handled better. Maybe the Register can have a separate section on the online registry and also on the mail in applications for a donation to police charities. Then maybe the Register can match dollar for dollar whatever was donated that way or put in their own donation. Doing it that way, every person that signs up has the option to donate, and those donations only get processes if you are drawn in the lottery, just like the fee.

Amanda, November 1, 2017 at 2:31 pm

I wish we could”like” each other’s posts! I also wish that the Cedar County Sheriff is reading these posts!

Mike Howe, November 1, 2017 at 5:19 pm

The business’s making money is a bad thing? Of course the county sheriffs office or the city doesnt make any money off it. Dont they make money off the taxes? Dont some of them make money like everyone else on RAGBRAI by selling water, dinners, breakfasts, food? Why do you think cities try to land the superbowl, the ncaa tournament, etc. Yes i know those are larger events, but cities want those events like towns in Iowa want RAGBRAI..to bring money into the city and give it an economic boost. The sheriffs comes off very bitter and grumpy.

Michrider !!!, November 2, 2017 at 9:27 am

I’m sure this Sheriff is tying to do what he thinks is best for his county!

BTW, RAGBRAI don’t care!!!

Viewing 4 replies - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Categories

Looking for RIDES

RAGBRAI XLVII – 2019

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2020

RAGBRAI XLVI – 2018

Training

RAGBRAI XLV – 2017

RAGBRAI XLIV – 2016

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

RAGBRAI XLIII – 2015