Cedar Rapids RAGBRAI announces theme route and campgrounds

http://cedar-rapids-ragbrai-announces-theme-route-and-campgrounds

21 Replies

kurmdgn, April 24, 2012 at 11:56 am

Funny- I recall the last time we went through Marshalltown. My son and I
rode the bus from campground to downtown. After a few hours we decided to
head back. We got on a bus that was leaving from the same spot we got dropped off at but instead took us to areas on the other side of town. And
then of course looped back and then dropped us off back downtown right where
we got on just 40 mins earlier…

We finally figured out the drivers were alternating between a route south
of downtown and areas north, where our campground was at. It was a long
ride, but on the plus side we got to see just about all of Marshalltown

Iceman, April 25, 2012 at 11:56 am

Michrider: Before you get on a shuttle bus, make sure to remember your starting location. In 2007, I got on a shuttle, in one of the towns that had blue, red, green, etc. shuttle routes. Guess what, at the end of the night, it was time to get back on a bus and I had no idea where camp was!!!!

I think perhaps you had been sitting on too many kurbs than night.

cbengford, April 25, 2012 at 12:24 pm

Hello RAGBRAI, Wondering if any of the other overnight towns have listed their campgrounds? Thanks much Cedar Rapids…looking forward to making camping reservations for the RV. My wife and the RV are the SAG WAGON.
Folks…for the forum…please keep to the topic.
:roll:

gas gas, April 25, 2012 at 2:09 pm

do you need reservations for rv camping if you have a vehicle pass ?

jwsknk, April 25, 2012 at 2:20 pm

not unless you want a host home or if you are going to a private campground, KOA, etc…, otherwise just head to the RV designated campground.

cbengford, April 25, 2012 at 2:49 pm

The Cedar Rapids RAGBRAI committee has selected three camping areas for registered RAGBRAI riders. Campground reservations will be available online after May 7. Campgrounds include:

Ellis Park, also known as The Orange Tribe – 32.3 acres, 3.2 miles from May’s Island, accommodates 9,000 campers. This is designated as the main Cedar Rapids RAGBRAI campground.

Cherry Hill Park, also known as The Green Tribe – 36.1 acres, 4.75 miles from May’s Island, accommodates 6,000 campers.

Veterans Memorial Park & Cleveland Park, jointly known as The Blue Tribe – 10 acres, 1.4 miles from May’s Island, accommodates 1,500 campers and up to 500 RVs.

Viewing 6 replies - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

The forum ‘RAGBRAI XL – 2012’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Categories

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2021

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2020

Training

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

Clubs, Teams & Charters

Friends of RAGBRAI