RAGBRAI LI Registration is Now Open!

Charging Devices?

First year on RAGBRAI, how do you keep your phone, iPod, or other things charged throughout the week? Thanks

8 Replies

jeffreydennis, May 20, 2011 at 7:21 pm

High schools. Some charters provide charging stations. Only turn it on when you need it. Have a spare. Solar, although I haven’t had much luck with these.

iowacyclist, May 20, 2011 at 7:24 pm

Yeah, I bought a solar charger awhile back, but haven’t really tested it or decided to take it or not. Didn’t know about high schools, thanks.

Michrider !!!, May 20, 2011 at 7:45 pm

Be on the lookout for electric outlets and plug in whenever you find one!

Pirate Brewer, May 20, 2011 at 9:24 pm

Last year I used a charger that took a couple AA batteries.  I let things charge in the tent.  It worked out great so it’s coming along again this year.

Sjnelson4, May 20, 2011 at 11:37 pm

Bring your charger with you on the route, go to bars and stay there and drink until your charged.
If you go into the library to use the internet or enjoy some air conditioning thats always a good place. Keep it off as much as possible. Most phones wake alarms will still go sound even if the phone is turned off. So you can leave your phone off during the night. But test it before you rely on yours. Also a lot of teams will have a way to charge your phones from a generator.  

helenheart, May 21, 2011 at 9:31 am

Plan on always being able to charge it up
On Rag you look at the world very differently, and you’ll be surprised at how many outlets there are in public places, they’re everywhere!!

Tony, May 21, 2011 at 10:09 am

QCBC provides a charging station for our riders.

ts, May 21, 2011 at 3:38 pm

iowacyclist said: First year on RAGBRAI, how do you keep your phone, iPod, or other things charged throughout the week? Thanks

I make mine last the week by keeping it off except for a couple of times a day to check messages.  If you have at&t like I do, there’s not much point in turning it on anyway, except in the bigger towns.  I take an iPod shuffle for camp and it lasts the week without a charge also.

The forum ‘RAGBRAI XXXIX – 2011’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Categories

RAGBRAI L – 2023

RAGBRAI XLIX – 2022

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2021

Training

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

Clubs, Teams & Charters

Friends of RAGBRAI