Charters back to the Starting Town??

I was thinking of driving to Ragbrai and wondered if there are any charters that will take riders back to the starting town after the ride is done. I’m coming from AZ and would prefer to just drive to the starting town. Any thoughts out there? Thanks!!

12 Replies

Larry Klaaren, January 25, 2020 at 1:32 pm

Most of them will offer that service, unless they originate from some other town. I ride a bus from Chicago to the start, and then from the end to Chicago, for example. If you go to the various charters websites, they will have pricing next week, since the route will be announced tonight.

Larry Klaaren, January 25, 2020 at 1:44 pm

I see you want to go back to the starting town. It’s more common to leave your car at the end and take a charter to the start, then you don’t have to be in the end town in time for the bus to leave. You also don’t have long bus ride after a day of biking. However, there are plenty of charters that go back to the start.

This reply was modified 5 months, 1 week ago by Larry Klaaren.

Mark Swanstrom, January 25, 2020 at 4:32 pm

Last year Pork Belly Ventures had a bus that went from the end town to the starting town on the Saturday before the ride begins. They also had a bus that went back to the starting town on the last day of the ride. I remember someone from PBV saying their last bus was at 4PM. Either way it was $150 per person. I however agree with Larry’s 2nd post, park in the end town. There is a nominal parking fee either way.

Mike Howe, January 25, 2020 at 4:54 pm

Im from AZ as well. I know pork belly ventures offers several charters to airports,the start town, and from the end town to the start town on the final day. Probably easiest though to leave your car in the end town and take one of their charters to the start town before the start of the ride.

czysk, January 25, 2020 at 6:09 pm

Leave your car in the end town and catch a ride with a charter to the start town. If you get done early you can get a shower at a local school or YMCA, get in your and start for home instead of waiting for the bus to fill up.

Nick Reed, January 26, 2020 at 8:51 pm

Eric & Mike,

I’m also from Az and this will be my first RAGBRAI. It would be great to connect with you guys prior or during the ride to get more intel on what to expect.

Nick

Eric Strobel, January 26, 2020 at 9:54 pm

I thought about it but since I’m driving from AZ I was trying to avoid the extra 3 hours of drive time getting to Clinton. Thanks for your thoughts.

Eric Strobel, January 26, 2020 at 9:56 pm

Hey Nick, this is my first Ragbrai as well. Really can’t wait but have a lot of training to do over the next 5-6 months. Where in AZ are you?

Nick Reed, January 26, 2020 at 10:05 pm

Scottsdale.

I have a buddy coming with me from Tempe.

We are working out some of the logistics next week like flights, shuttle to start, and how to get back. We are flying with our bikes on Friday (18) and coming back on Thursday (23) for my son’s birthday.

How about you?

tjdale57, January 27, 2020 at 3:23 pm

Check out Brancel Charters. They offer week long service as well as shuttle options and they do a great job.

Kelli Libby, January 27, 2020 at 4:05 pm

Lost and Found Adventures offers charter services for RAGBRAI from our Motel on a charter bus to the start town, baggage across the state, tent services, and a charter bus back to Council Bluffs with our services we offer a place to leave your car, a hotel before and after your week on the bike! We like to say let us help you make RAGBRAI about the ride not the tenting, or small details.
Check us out for more information.
Or give my Public Relations Staff a call Cheryl 402-689-0869.

Eric Strobel, January 27, 2020 at 7:23 pm

Prescott Valley, I was thinking of driving until I saw how far it was. Will be more than likely flying. Just not sure about transporting the bike that way. Yea, my son’s 16th bday is on the 25th and trying to figure out getting back for that.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Categories

Looking for RIDES

RAGBRAI XLVII – 2019

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2020

RAGBRAI XLVI – 2018

Training

RAGBRAI XLV – 2017

RAGBRAI XLIV – 2016

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

RAGBRAI XLIII – 2015