The Register's Annual Great Bicycle Ride Across Iowa

Civility, please

The purpose of this forum is to shed light, not generate heat. The goal ought to be helping our fellow Ragbrai’ers with whatever Ragbrai/bicycle-related issues and questions they may have.

May I be so presumptuous as to add to TJ’s thoughts from his earlier, well-stated post? I’d include the following re proper behavior on this forum:

1) Treat others as you’d like to be treated. Daddy Woo taught me the Golden Rule when I was a wee little Woo.

2) Politics, defamatory comments and other non-Ragbrai/bicycle matters have no place on this forum.

3) Do not feed the trolls! As much as you’d like to respond to them, resist the temptation. Trolls feed on attention; when you ignore them, they starve, wither, dry up and blow away. Trolls = pigs. As Daddy Woo used to say, “Never wrestle with a pig. You’ll get dirty and the pig will just have fun.”

4) Don’t try to reform a troll/pig. Daddy Woo also said, “Don’t try to teach a pig how to dance. You’ll get frustrated and the pig doesn’t want to learn anyway.”

Now, can we get the forum back on track?

See you along the I-O-Way in only a few more months.

4 Replies

John Richardson, February 12, 2019 at 9:03 am

Your Daddy Woo sounds like a very smart man, thanks for the post and the great words of wisdom.

reedkennethia, February 12, 2019 at 10:05 am

I completely agree, there’s no need any negativity. Also, why would ANYONE troll a RAGBRAI forum. Absolutely ridiculous.

Barry Schnoor, February 12, 2019 at 10:19 am

Thank you, T. Gap.

Wee little Woo cracked me up.

I don’t post much, and I’ve never met most of you. I have to share, however, that I see these posts as a way of getting to know you a little. Some of the names I look to for guidance and wisdom and humor. T. Gap, KenH, Sandaltan, and some dude named TJ. Y’all have been helpful for this newbie (2nd ride coming up this summer!) Thank you!

R-Daryl Daryl, February 22, 2019 at 6:46 pm

Thanks for the reminder. You are very wise to share Daddy Woo’s advice !

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Categories

Looking for RIDES

RAGBRAI XLVII – 2019

RAGBRAI XLVI – 2018

Training

RAGBRAI XLV – 2017

RAGBRAI XLIV – 2016

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

RAGBRAI XLIII – 2015

RAGBRAI XLII – 2014