The Register's Annual Great Bicycle Ride Across Iowa

Co-Motion Custom Candy Apple Red Triple For Sale

Our family has made the difficult decision to sell our family’s Co-Motion three seater (‘The Triple’) bicycle? We will be riding it on it’s farewell RAGBRAI with us this year and wanted to put the word out that YES it’s for sale. For those that may remember the bike was on RAGBRAI in 2010 with three gals wearing kitty ears. This year the same team will be sporting white bunny ears. The memories created with this bike have been priceless for our family and there will probably be some tears shed when it sells.

I do not have the specs with me at the moment but will update this topic later this evening. The bike has ALWAYS been maintained with care by our favorite local bike shop Sunset Cycle in Circle Pines, MN. Until I can get those specs up here is some info on its history with our family:

Oct 2002 – Custom built by Co-Motion for our growing family of three girls (ages 5, 8, 9)

July 2004 – RAGBRAI debut for partial day with daughters.

Spring 2005ish – Featured in the Co-Motion catalog (pictured in a garden with fountain)

July 2005 – Self-contained trip from Coon Rapids, MN to Moville, IA with 12 year old daughter and a B.O.B. No third rider but a flamingo strapped on (go with it). Epic ride!

July 2005 – RAGBRAI first full day with daughters

July 2006 – Self-contained trip from Coon Rapids, MN to Moville, IA with 13 and 11 year old daughters.

July 2009 – Hotel trip from Coon Rapids, MN to Clare, IA with 16 and 14 year old daughters

July 2010 – First full RAGBRAI including the infamous Potter Hill (that hill was not all that fun by the way) with 17 and 15 year old daughters.

The history of this big luxury liner of a bike stretches beyond what is highlighted above to many rides around the twin cities and organized rides including the Saint Paul Classic, Tour of Saints, and the Great River Energy (Mesabi Trail) Bike Tour.

8 Replies

CaptainJohn, July 31, 2014 at 10:05 pm

nice looking bike, did you sell it ?

TokenFemale, August 2, 2014 at 2:00 pm

Yes we sold our beautiful ride a little over a year ago. It was on RAGBRAI in 2013 with a brand new family continuing to make memories. I for the first time since 2000 skipped the ride in favor of another grand adventure in Europe but heard there were sightings of the trusty steed in 2014. I will return in 2015 and hope to continue to see it out and about.

The forum ‘RAGBRAI XL – 2012’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Categories

Looking for RIDES

RAGBRAI XLVII – 2019

RAGBRAI XLVI – 2018

Training

RAGBRAI XLV – 2017

RAGBRAI XLIV – 2016

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

RAGBRAI XLIII – 2015

RAGBRAI XLII – 2014