Coast Guard Riders

Good morning I’m a Active Duty SCPO planning on riding this year and looking for other Coasties riding. I’m currently stationed at the CG Academy /LDC. If you want to get together and show our colors, shot me an email. I’m the only Steve Babcock in global.

8 Replies

tomthebike, February 22, 2014 at 12:56 pm

Iowa is LANDLOCKED where will you put your Ship?

Steve Babcock, February 22, 2014 at 6:50 pm

There are CG Cutters on the Mississippi and Missouri river, appropriate.

tomthebike, February 23, 2014 at 12:46 pm

Hi Steve
Sorry I couldn’t resist. There are several great teams/clubs to ride with. One that comes to mind is Backstoppers very nice bunch of people. I’ll be riding with IowaCOPS another great group. there are a lot of military teams/clubs also. Airforce has the biggest team.

Steve Babcock, February 24, 2014 at 1:32 pm

I’m use to it, I’ve been stationed in Topeka, KS with the CG. I’ve spoken with the AF guys that’s a big group.

MarkbentKsn, February 28, 2014 at 9:32 pm

Hey Steve, My name is Mark Deckenbach and my wife, Teresa works with you at the pay center. She is currently in retired services. If you ever need anyone to train/ride with let me know.

Tucker, March 13, 2014 at 1:40 pm

Check out the “Iowa Navy” when you get to Okoboji. The Maritime Museum is in Arnold’s Park, near the amusement park. The ‘Queen 2’ excursion boat is the flagship, Commodore is the lowest rank and the salute is left handed.

Rob Green, January 27, 2015 at 9:19 am

Steve (and all others in the Coast Guard family),

With Cedar Falls announced as the July 22nd overnight (Wednesday) stop, my family and I would be delighted to host the Coast Guard’s riders. We live at 314 Olive Street, just 5 blocks from downtown CF. You can pitch a tent, use our bathrooms, and we do have a guest bed in case someone REALLY needs a night off the grass. And I’d be happy to mini-van you guys around if anyone needs to make a supply run or otherwise needs a lift.

Please post here if interested…maybe it would make sense to start a closed Facebook group for coordination?

If there’s a lot of Coasties, I’m sure I can get some extra support from my next door neighbors. It will be great to fellowship with and hear your stories.

Me? I’m a 1998 Academy puke who got out in 2004 (last tour was XO of HICKORY). I’m a web developer for the University of Northern Iowa and for seven years owned/operated a design company doing ballcaps, apparel, logo designs, etc. just for the USCG and NOAA. It was a great run!

Steve Babcock, July 13, 2015 at 7:16 pm

Thanks for the offer Rob, I plan on stopping by. Steve

The forum ‘RAGBRAI XLII – 2014’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Categories

Looking for RIDES

RAGBRAI XLVII – 2019

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2020

RAGBRAI XLVI – 2018

Training

RAGBRAI XLV – 2017

RAGBRAI XLIV – 2016

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

RAGBRAI XLIII – 2015