RAGBRAI LI Route Announced on Jan. 27!

Colorado team/ride to RAGBRAI?

Completely premature, but what the heck!

I’ve heard tell of a group out of UNC (Greeley) who does RAGBRAI regularly. With luck, I’ll be with my folks on the ride, but since they’re coming from the East Coast I’m looking for a way to the start & from the end.

(Honestly, the biggest reason I’d skip RAGBRAI this year is that driving across Nebraska nearly killed me. As in, I almost fell asleep at the wheel despite fun audiobooks and loads of coffee.)

21 Replies

Jenn, March 20, 2013 at 3:15 pm

I am looking for a team to join and would prefer to join a team from CO because I live in Gunnison. Does the Front Range team still have a spot available? I’ve done RAGBRAI 4 a times, and the team I usually ride with dissolved due to new jobs, babies, and injuries. I need a new crew to join :)

AnneM, May 23, 2013 at 2:20 pm

Tell me more, I am in Lafayette and need a ride to and from. I will be biking with two brothers so have arrangements made except for to and fro. What is you plan?
Thanks
Ty Peck

Hi all! I’m looking for a ride from Denver to RAGBRAI this year. I’m meeting a few family members from the midwest. Let me know if you have space in your car!

Sorry I’ve been away. I’m not averse to taking my car and have a small station wagon so could take 1-2. I’d prefer to share driving and help with gas. I don’t currently have a roof rack, though. I’m only looking for rides to/from the start, as I have support during the ride. I live in Fort Collins.

mootsman, May 24, 2013 at 12:36 pm

To get by not eating all day (to avoid getting sleepy) the trick is to take in small amounts of sugar as needed. Usually in the form of soda or a few nibbles on a candy bar. No meals.

brettacook, June 18, 2013 at 3:14 pm

Hello,
We are a Colorado team of 3 looking to finalize our transportation plans to and from RAGBRAI. One of our riders does not have a driver’s license, so we’d like to find one more rider who can drive. The plan would be to load up (our) 2 cars and drive both of them to the finish, parking one there, and drive the other one back and park it at the start. We’d all ride RAGBRAI and then just hop in the finish car, drive back and pick up the start car, and drive home.
We figure that gas will be cheaper than charters for 3 people.

Post a response here, or send me an e-mail at brettacook at yahoo dot com if you’re interested.

Debbie, July 12, 2013 at 5:22 pm

Anne,
I live in Fort Collins and this will be my first Ragbrai. Each of the members of my team have dropped for any or other reason. Now I am the only one. I do not want to lose the opportunity to go. I am very interested in driving together or with a team if possible. Could you please let me know soon as you can? Thank you,
dmb_oquendo@hotmail.com
(970)393-0713.

Anthony Kenyon, July 14, 2013 at 10:58 am

Am not riding this but i’m trying to find a ride from fort collins on friday or saturday morning to council bluffs. Willing to pay gas money. And also a ridw to cheyenne on sunday if anyone is coming back right away

Viewing 6 replies - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Categories

RAGBRAI L – 2023

RAGBRAI XLIX – 2022

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2021

Training

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

Clubs, Teams & Charters