RAGBRAI LI Route Announced on Jan. 27!

Confused about new registration

I understand that there is a new registration system, so I have tried to create a new account. But the system tells me that my email address (and selected user name) is “already in the system.”

I am able to log in with my username, and I can even find my group (from 2015.) But I am not confident that I am really in the new system.

I would like to use the same email address for a 2016 registration, but I am confused about what I need to do next.

16 Replies

mclousing, January 25, 2016 at 11:05 am

I had something similar, I discovered if in prior years you had a different account name for the registration than the forum it went with your forum account.

js1111, January 25, 2016 at 12:37 pm

You are logged in. Check your profile but I think the change that was made was that the forum and registration logins are now the same vs having separate logins before.

KenH, January 25, 2016 at 1:25 pm

There are a couple of ways you can tell if you are logged into the new system. One is to look at the top right corner of your browser window. Before you login the box says “LOGIN”, after you are logged in it will say “MY RAGBRAI”. If you see that then you are logged in to the registration system as well as in to the forum system. They are one and the same now. From the MY RAGBRAI box you can access a pull down menu that should include registration options. I cannot tell you exactly what to look for because I am now registered but I think it should be obvious what to do from there. If it was not obvious I would not have been able to figure it out!

The other way to see if you are logged in is to go to the forums, click on a thread, and see if you can type in a reply. If you can reply you are in. In fact if you can create a new thread you are in. You have already created a new thread. You are in!!

mjd1221, January 26, 2016 at 7:06 am

Bingo! Thanks, all, especially KenH. Those tips helped me confirm that I am indeed logged in to the new system for registration. (And since I was able to post this and my earlier message, I am also clearly logged in to the forums.) I appreciate the help.

Tim McTaggart, February 6, 2016 at 2:10 pm

I’m confused on registration. I signed up with a group. Did the waiver. Hit submit. In years past we mailed the registration fee to the group and they in turn submitted one check to DMR for the whole group. When I read the instructions it sounds like we pay directly to DMR. However, I do not recall seeing the payment page. Thinking I wasn’t completely registered I went back in and I cannot tell if I’m actually registered. For group riders, how are you handling the money? For everyone else, how do you confirm the registration process is complete? Thank you for any assistance.

LeslieD, February 6, 2016 at 4:35 pm

People trying to join and register under my group experienced the same thing. However, when one of them went to the home page and tried to register again, they did not have to fill out the form again, but the payment screen appeared.

reddog1, February 6, 2016 at 4:39 pm

Contact your group leader or contact.
They can tell if you are registered. I had one that did not pay when registered and they had to go back in and pay. I also had one that sounds like you that thought they were registered but were not and had to go back and register and pay. You have to pay directly this year before contact can close out the group as far as I can see.

Tim McTaggart, February 6, 2016 at 5:17 pm

LeslieD – did you pay DMR direct or did you funnel it through the group coordinator?

Gypsy Rose, February 6, 2016 at 6:33 pm

LeslieD,

While I don’t have any insights on the registration quirks, the creative use of the third hand brake tool in your profile pic caught my eye (and yours). Nicely done!

Cheers,
Kevin

redbikesrule, February 7, 2016 at 12:21 am

While I am no I.T. whiz, I consider myself relatively capable of doing rudimentary things on the computer, like registering for an organized bike ride. This was a cluster _ _ _ _ nightmare. It was not clear how to get to the start of registration after joining a group – I felt stuck in “group page limbo” with no way to get out. Once I figured that out, I did not see a way to print the registration/order/invoice info; and then one part of the instructions tells you that as a member of a group you have the option of paying your fees individually, one place tells you that you have to pay individually instead of to the group, and the actual payment page says to pay my group contact. Why do people have to take a system that works and make it “better”?

jwsknk, February 7, 2016 at 10:33 am

The group contact can set it so they make a group payment and everyone has to pay them like in the past. I think the new default is individual payment.

LeslieD, February 9, 2016 at 9:42 pm

All members have directly paid RAGBRAI. The way I read the directions, if you want everyone to pay the group leader and the leader pay RAGBRAI, you have to email RAGBRAI directly and they will switch the group to that payment system.

LeslieD, February 9, 2016 at 9:44 pm

Thanks!

LeslieD, February 9, 2016 at 9:46 pm

I don’t know, but they usually have the word engineer in their job title : )

KenH, February 10, 2016 at 10:51 am

LeslieD: I don’t know, but they usually have the word engineer in their job title : )

Speaking as an engineer I would take offense at this if it were not so plainly true. In fact, real engineers never complete any task. By the time we get about 60% done we realize that there is a better way to do that and we change course ….

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

The forum ‘RAGBRAI XLIV – 2016’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Categories

RAGBRAI L – 2023

RAGBRAI XLIX – 2022

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2021

Training

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

Clubs, Teams & Charters

Friends of RAGBRAI