Corral???

Looking at my registration in my EnMotive account, my corral is neon green. There is no information on what this means. Are we being assigned a starting corral??? This is typically what corral means in sporting events.

10 Replies

mootsman, May 21, 2021 at 1:18 pm

Let’s hope they don’t go with starting corrals like the American Birkebeiner XC Ski race does with waves. They do it because its a timed race and the waves are based on previous finish times. On RAGBRAI this would create riders all bunched up in each corral. Great if you want to possibly get law suits from anyone who catches COVID during RAGBRAI.

This reply was modified 4 months ago by mootsman.

Bluestreelguy ., May 21, 2021 at 2:21 pm

That would ruin RAGBRAI. The beauty has always been the total lack of control.

Uncle Kraig, May 21, 2021 at 3:10 pm

Not sure what it means but I just checked my account too. I can’t do the whole ride so I bought day passes for multiple days. Each of my day pass registrations have different corral colors, interesting? Maybe Andrea or someone will jump in here and tell us all what it means? Or, we’ll just wait and find out in due time.

KenH, May 21, 2021 at 3:39 pm

At one time they were talking about assigning start time windows which created a huge amount of angst here for no reason as far as I could see but nothing further was said about it. Mine is neon green too and I am a full week rider. I would not worry about it, start times at RAGBRAI would be nothing like those at a race even if they do assign them. It is quite possible that your corral color is your wristband color. Day riders typically get a different color for each day. Are all of us weeklong riders “neon green”?

Oh, wait, wait, I just got a private message from a RAGBRAI official who wished to remain anonymous. Everyone in the neon green corral apparently gets to skip to the head of every food vendor, beer tent, and kybo line!! See, Kermit was a liar, it IS easy being green!

hnschipper, May 21, 2021 at 3:49 pm

One other weeklong rider on our team is also neon green. (Our third rider has not checked yet.) We also have non-riders on our team – I wonder if they have a color?? Maybe it is just wristband color. Odd that they would call it a corral color though!

Uncle Kraig, May 21, 2021 at 3:59 pm

It may very well be just wristband color for each day vs. week long riders. Oh well, whatever it is, I will be in Le Mars on the 24th and I will be leaving early on the 25th as it is a long day to Sac City where friends will be waiting for me, hopefully with a cold beer :) See you in July!

KenH, May 21, 2021 at 4:11 pm

I have no explanation for why they would tell us our wristband colors. Did they do that in previous years? I don’t recall. But I would assume that the corral assignment is there because Enmotive does do events with starting corrals. RAGBRAI may have just used a field that was already there for a new purpose. Or maybe we will get starting times…

No, the truth is that I donated a big wad of money to the Iowa Children’s Hospital with the stipulation that they assign us all corrals. I did this because I knew how much it would annoy mootsman!

No, the real truth this time. I am team captain for my small team and I can see some but not all the registration details of my team members. Corral assignment is one of the details I can see. We are all weeklong riders and we are all neon green. This is not conclusive evidence of anything, just more data for all the RAGBRAI private eyes here to mull over

D Grimes, May 21, 2021 at 6:52 pm

Since enmotive is a new system I think “Corral “ actually is where the team name goes. Could it possibly be.

Kerri-ann Harrison, May 25, 2021 at 2:49 pm

I’m thinking its the wrist band color.

Matthew St John, May 26, 2021 at 12:38 am

Weeklong rider here….also neon green…as are the others on my team.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Categories

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2021

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2020

Training

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

Clubs, Teams & Charters

Friends of RAGBRAI