Covid and Ragbrai

Just wanted to post this article about Ragbrai and covid. I know I’m not the only one here thinking about it. I’m signed up to go and and hopeful it all works out. This is the first time I’ve seen something about them wanting us to mask up in crowded places, which I’m happy to do. Not trying to stir things up, but this article was informative.

https://www.iowapublicradio.org/health/2021-05-19/the-return-of-ragbrai-organizing-a-statewide-bicycle-ride-during-a-pandemic

3 Replies

KenH, May 26, 2021 at 8:39 am

Lucky you, I tried to post that same link last week and my post was rejected because it “appears to be spam”!

I am fully vaccinated. The vaccines are quite good although no vaccine is perfect. I am at low risk of getting or transmitting the virus but I will comply with RAGBRAI’s requests to make others feel comfortable. If the vaccination rate in Iowa is as low as they say then Iowans are at a higher risk than they should be and they should feel uncomfortable around unmasked people in crowded areas. I can’t wear a mask on the road and ride at more than about 5 mph but I don’t think RAGBRAI is expecting us to wear masks out on the road.

The big news here at work is that this is the last week that fully vaccinated employees will be required to wear masks!

hnschipper, May 26, 2021 at 8:42 am

This information is on the FAQ page here on RAGBRAI’s website. I realize many may have never looked at the FAQ, but it isn’t new news.

KenH, May 26, 2021 at 12:49 pm

The FAQ is good. If you haven’t read it yet you should. But if Sarah hadn’t noticed it there then others haven’t either so it’s a public service to post the article link here.

I had an entirely different reason for wanting to post that link. Does the FAQ mention that there are 14,500 registered riders this year? 😀

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Categories

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2021

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2020

Training

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

Clubs, Teams & Charters

Friends of RAGBRAI