RAGBRAI LI Route Announced on Jan. 27!

custom team jerseys

hey riders,

sitting here in the cold of Chicago and am so ready to get to Iowa! to pass the time, I was thinking of creating a cycling jersey for my team. Can anyone help me? I’m not super artistic, but want to make it look as good as possible. It’s a small team, so I’m looking at creating 10-12 units. Thanks in advance and see you next summer!

Mike

22 Replies

“Bicycle Bill”, November 28, 2015 at 9:55 pm

Mt. Borah (in a little town called Coon Valley, WI; about fifteen miles from La Crosse) does a good job of custom jerseys in small lots like you’re looking for, and they won’t end up costing you an arm and a leg.

-“BB”-

myonce2000, November 29, 2015 at 5:49 pm

great! I’ll check it out, thanks

StripeyDog, November 30, 2015 at 9:38 pm

Pactimo is also a good source. I have used their custom jersey printing a couple of times. They have a five piece minimum. I would also be glad to help design your jersey. I am a graphic designer and illustrator with nearly 20 years of professional experience. My hourly rates are very reasonable and I would make you a great deal depending on your ideas. I can send you some examples of jerseys I have designed.

KenH, December 1, 2015 at 10:31 am

My team got about 7 custom jerseys from Pactimo last year and the cost was $75ish per once all was said and done. The cost drops a fair amount as you order more because a lot of it is one time setup fees. You can see our jerseys here:

https://ragbrai.com/groups/old-rocketeers/

The guy, “Jedi” George, on the far right in the picture did our design. He is not a graphic artist (to my knowledge) but he does video work so he has artistic talent. It certainly is possible for someone on your team to do the design and interface with Pactimo successfully and that is the cheapest route. However, if we were to do another one some day it is quite possible that Jedi would vote we employ StripeyDog or Mt. Borah or someone to handle the interface with Pactimo and the detailed design work.

Michrider !!!, December 2, 2015 at 5:49 am

Nice jersey Ken!

tomthebike, December 2, 2015 at 11:08 am

Hi
check out jakroo. great clothing from 1 to 100. worn by the Trumpet Chick! also check out champ systems

Kevin Kosgard, December 3, 2015 at 3:22 pm

I’d second jakroo. We’re a small team (Team Cosmo) and they helped us out with an order of 6 jerseys. Also took our basic design and created one that we were very happy with.

Amanda, December 4, 2015 at 6:04 pm

We went with Primal last time we ordered. We were happy with the result and I think we ordered 15.

I have been looking around for other places and was quite impressed with Champ Systems. I don’t know how much it will cost me, but it’s fun designing the jerseys.

StripeyDog, December 7, 2015 at 11:48 am

You can see some of the jersey designs I have worked on at StripeyDogStudio.com. We had the Lisle jersey printed at Pactimo and used their Century jersey. They ended up costing about $50 each. I have also had good luck with VoMax and Podium (the tie-dye jersey).

KenH, December 10, 2015 at 10:27 am

Nice jersey Ken!

Thanks, Michrider, I will let Jedi know! I didn’t really have anything to do with the design other than give it my blessing by sending him a check!

TGIMerv, December 13, 2015 at 7:14 pm

We, the Cycling Sloths used Jackroo last year, the jerseys were great. Small team but we ordered an array extras for the kids and support team, technical tees, short finger gloves, jersey bags. Guessing it wasn’t cheap, I don’t want to know. Jerseys actually ran a little big vs Primal which I have the most of and gauge my size off of. My wife made the design. She even had Polar make us insulated water bottles with the logo inside. Don’t know if I can get a facebook link in here but will try, I am on the right with the gloves. Do a copy and paste if not clickable.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10205749487234443&set=t.1769661359&type=3&theater

KRIS, January 3, 2016 at 12:00 am

My Team uses zbikewear but we do a lot of the design ourselves. I have been designing a jersey for my workplace through Ascend Bikeware and could not be happier with their customer service and design skills. You just tell them what your thinking and they send something back. Also, they are much cheaper than Mt. Borah.

TGIMerv, January 14, 2016 at 6:59 pm

Just seen this link http://express.jakroo.com/home/cycling/fondo/ thought I would share.

Christian, January 21, 2016 at 8:17 am

As a designer and former RAGBRAI SAG driver I wanted to toss my two cents in here. I am co-founder of a small start-up company based in Fort Collins, CO. We have help several of our clients in the past produce custom cycling gear (jerseys, arm warmers, cycling caps, etc). Leveraging our current relationship with a manufacturer we would be happy to help teams get squared away with any custom gear they are looking for. Happy to send folks more details regrading pricing but I have included a few costs below (minimum order of 5x):

Short sleeve jersey – $50/each
Windproof jacket – $70/each
Windproof vest – $60/each
Arm warmers – $35/each
Leg warmers – $35/each
Caps – $30/each

myonce2000, February 23, 2016 at 8:26 am

great stuff, thank you all for the input. I’d love any info from those of you that offered your business services.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

The forum ‘RAGBRAI XLIV – 2016’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Categories

RAGBRAI L – 2023

RAGBRAI XLIX – 2022

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2021

Training

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

Clubs, Teams & Charters

Friends of RAGBRAI