RAGBRAI LI Route Announced on Jan. 27!

Daily Maps

Are there daily maps on the website? Seems that I saw maps at one time. Can’t find any now. Will the usual daily maps with distances between towns be available from the website?

12 Replies

ESchiers, June 11, 2023 at 6:27 am

The RAGBRAI team just finished their pre-ride. They need a chance to discuss their findings before laying out the finished route. I’d say they’ll have the final maps out in 10 – 14 days.

Suds, June 11, 2023 at 4:08 pm

This should get you very close until the official route map is final final:
https://ridewithgps.com/events/209667-ragbrai-l-2023#routes/

LawnchairMan, June 11, 2023 at 11:19 pm

David,
To get to the daily routes go to Home, right arrow to Ragbrai L Full Route Revealed.
Click on “Learn More”.
You will see the whole seven day route.
Scroll down to see the daily routes.
I assume these will be updated, but time is winding down.

I am waiting for the mileage between towns and Highway name corrections (especially leaving Iowa City)
I am also wondering if the overnight town maps will direct us through Des Moines, Iowa City and Muscatine. Seems like we should have this info by now. Muscatine is not near an overnight town, but highway 22 does not go straight through town. We will have to make a few turns, and I’d like to know them in advance.

David Elkow, June 12, 2023 at 4:55 am

LawnchairMan,
THANKS! Found the maps. Knew I had seen them before. Tough to find on the website.

Joseph Schlau, June 12, 2023 at 10:08 am

The final maps with the corrected route changes, distances, and route services ending times, along with special information are usually posted around the July 4th holiday weekend.

Specific routes through towns are usually available about the same time. Some are already on some town’s website or Facebook page.

There are a few individuals who post the routes on Ride With GPS.

Support vehicle maps usually are posted shortly before the ride.

The DesMoines Register had an article this morning with more specifics on the route in and outbound, but details to follow.

Rob Fuller, June 12, 2023 at 11:09 am

ridewithgps shows overnight in Iowa City, not Coralville. Is that correct?

LawnchairMan, June 12, 2023 at 2:35 pm

https://coralvilleragbrai.com/?page_id=1614
Hi Rob,
The above link takes me to the Coralville web page for camping.
Find the group you are with and you should be able to see where you are camping.
Mine is definitely in Coralville not Iowa City, but the two are really close.
The route out is through Iowa City.

Rob Fuller, June 12, 2023 at 4:53 pm

Perfect, thanks.

direwolf, June 12, 2023 at 10:01 pm

I am intrigued by the paucity of space designated for open camping in Coralville. The quiet campground looks like it’ll be charter only.

LawnchairMan, June 16, 2023 at 7:33 pm

I have just discovered that the Coralville web site has posted the ingress and egress routes through their city.
https://coralvilleragbrai.com/?page_id=1614
On their campgrounds page there are two boxes I hadn’t noticed: Inbound and Outbound. Click on them to show the way.
Outbound is on highway 6 a very short distance, so that is good.
The new map shows a weird loop around the baseball stadium that seems to be in error. I don’t see roads there and no point of doing it.
I intend to stay on Hawkins Dr and turn left onto Elliot.

Were it up to me, I would stay off highway 6 altogether. Coralville’s First Ave. becomes Mormon Trek Blvd. Take that to Melrose Ave. which bends into Grand and crosses the Iowa River to become Burlington St.
Burlington avoids the half square going around the capitol building. That is how I would do it, but I’m not in charge.

This reply was modified 8 months, 2 weeks ago by LawnchairMan.

hnschipper, June 16, 2023 at 8:36 pm

I asked about the quiet campground in Coralville, and there is a very small section on the south side of the school for open camping. I don’t know what they were thinking filling up most of the quiet campground with charters. We were originally planning on camping at the quiet campground, but we have made other arrangements partly due to lack of open camping space there.

KenFreking, June 16, 2023 at 11:33 pm

The last time we were in Coralville it took 6 miles to get out of town because they routed us by the capital and the farmers market. This year I will exit town my own way. See you all there!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Categories

RAGBRAI L – 2023

RAGBRAI XLIX – 2022

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2021

Training

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

Clubs, Teams & Charters

Friends of RAGBRAI