RAGBRAI LI Route Announced on Jan. 27!

Daily Route Maps

Are the daily detailed ride maps out yet?

22 Replies

Ken Reed, June 21, 2018 at 8:05 am

I’m not sure why anyone would take the time to troll the forum page for an organized biking event. These people should spend their time more wisely by, oh I don’t know, RIDING THIER BIKE. :)

KenH, June 21, 2018 at 8:18 am

The Iowa hospital maps are great and if they are all all gone when you find the booth they will be dropping off people’s bikes all week long so you can usually pick them up off the road somewhere! That’s mostly a joke although it is literally true. Just be extremely careful if you try to rescue some maps as 10,000 of your best friends ride over them.

Two things I note every year at the beginning of the ride are how many miles before I see my first person fixing a flat and how many miles before I see a set of those laminated maps on the pavement. I don’t believe it has ever been more than five miles and it can be less than one!

I understand the value of banning trolls and deleting their posts but sometimes, as in this case, the thread becomes a little nonsensical due to the posts that are missing when us latecomers join the conversation. It almost looked like Toeknee was taking offense to hnschipper’s response and it left you wondering how Toeknee knows that hnschipper’s real name is Gary. Eventually you realize that “Gary” and his posts were both deleted before you joined….

ak2outside, June 28, 2018 at 6:49 pm

ha ha, I just though the same thing…

Ed Ruark, June 29, 2018 at 7:29 am

Where might I find downloadable Garmin route maps? These would be tcx/gpx format.

hnschipper, June 29, 2018 at 8:52 am

<—If you look at my profile pic over there, I think most, if not all, would safely assume my name is not Gary. :)

dalen45, June 29, 2018 at 9:28 am

The daily route maps does not have the ft. of climb between each town.
Does anyone have that information?

Nate Carroll, June 30, 2018 at 6:27 am

This site appears to have the entire 7-day route. https://ridewithgps.com/routes/26202721

I haven’t found one that is broken down by day yet. You could possibly cut up the above route in the website, but I haven’t tried.

Viewing 7 replies - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Categories

RAGBRAI L – 2023

RAGBRAI XLIX – 2022

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2021

Training

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

Clubs, Teams & Charters