RAGBRAI LI Day Passes are still available!

Dallas to Davenport carpool

Looking for 1 carpool buddy from Dallas area on Th before, overnight on road, arrive in end town on Fr to take bus to start town. Sorry only have a Kuat 2 bike carrier. I’m with Pork Belly charter

7 Replies

historicalpenguin, February 24, 2023 at 10:02 pm

Hey currie, I may be interested, currently trying to finalize plans. I’m coming up from Austin so I’ll probably meet you and drop my car off in Dallas. How many people are already in the car? And when are you leaving (will we also carpool back to Dallas at the end of this)?

currieg2, April 25, 2023 at 1:25 pm

Sorry just getting back to RAGBRAI stuff. At this time if looks like I might fly.

currieg2, June 6, 2023 at 12:17 pm

I will be driving to Davenport after all. Seeking 1 person / 1 bike, preferably from DFW area, to share ride and expenses with.

Here are my specifics:
• FYI I am with Pork Belly Ventures
THURSDAY 7/20: Leaving Dallas, Have a SUV with Kuat NV 2 bike rack.
o will overnight in hotel somewhere that allows short drive.
FRIDAY July 21: arrive Davenport between 11-12 so I can catch 1PM bus to start city. Currently scheduled on 3pm bus but wait listed to get on 1pm with rest of group I am in.
o Have long term parking pass in Davenport @ St Ambrose
SATURDAY 7/29: Post ride, get a shower, grab some food get on road. Overnight somewhere on way back.
SUNDAY 7/30: Arrive back in Dallas

currieg2, June 25, 2023 at 4:22 pm

I did report the other day, you’re still interested?

historicalpenguin, June 26, 2023 at 3:56 pm

I’m with Brancel Charters.

My only thing is that I planned to stay the night in Davenport on 7/29 to avoid the rush of people leaving and take it easy so I already have a hotel booked. Would you be willing to leave Davenport on Sunday (would be difficult if you have work on Monday so completely understand if your plans are set).

Thus far, I’ve also booked a longterm parking pass already (but happy to eat that cost) and was planning on driving myself. I would prefer to carpool but the plans may not align :(

currieg2, July 3, 2023 at 6:07 pm

We could leave Davenport Sunday, but done this several times and we found breaking the ride into maybe 4 hours Sat stopping and getting a nice dinner and finishing Sunday makes it a little more relax. I should be ready to leave Davenport by 12-1 unless the legs fail me. I should be swayed to stay in Davenport or Moline (across the river). We could discuss via email or text. My email is currieg2 gmail.

You should be able to sell the LT pass, just stick it on forum.

historicalpenguin, July 3, 2023 at 11:24 pm

I’m no longer able to carpool. A change in my job situation leaves me free the entire week so I’m just going to make a long roadtrip out of this instead and visit a number of sites along the way.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Categories

RAGBRAI L – 2023

RAGBRAI XLIX – 2022

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2021

Training

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

Clubs, Teams & Charters