RAGBRAI LI Day Passes are still available!

Davenport Parking

I thought I read somewhere that there was organized parking at the end site. Long story short we are going to be driving from Des Moines to Davenport 21 or 22 July 2023 and need a spot for the Van. We are meeting the rest of our team there to drive to the start.
Any help or pointers will be much appreciated.

4 Replies

avalji, February 28, 2023 at 3:15 pm

Found a website for Davenport that will at some point have parking sites listed.

https://www.davenportragbrai.com

If there are any other suggestions we would appreciate them.

mendhambiker, March 4, 2023 at 1:16 pm

Similar question:

I’m driving from New Jersey(!) to Davenport and using a shuttle to get to the start point so my car will be in Davenport all week. Sadly not using a CHARTER as they were all booked up b Feb 1st.

I haven’t seen too much information on how/ehere to park. Any info would be appreciated.

IndigoInkTaco, March 4, 2023 at 1:22 pm

@mendhambiker, right near you in Cranford! Last year parking info took a little while. The davenport site says they’ll announce as soon as possible. I’d keep an eye on their site and the main ragbrai site will probably make mention of it at some point too. If it’s like last year, they’ll do a vip parking lot for $$$$ or take a very congested bus ride to the main lot. May have been faster for people to ride their bikes last year than sit in that traffic. Not sure. I’ll be paying for a close lot again if it’s an option.

LawnchairMan, March 4, 2023 at 6:46 pm

The last two times I left my car in Davenport, parking was at Ambrose University off of Locust and Gaines. They had color coded maps of the parking lots. I think they were assigned in coordination with the various charters, but I’ll bet there were areas for independent riders too. There was ample camping in Centennial Park about a mile and a half away. I dropped off my overnight gear in the park, took my car up for parking and used the shuttle to get back down. There were lots of trains, so bring ear plugs. The River’s Edge Sports complex had showers we could use. Saturday morning I shuttled my gear back to Ambrose to meet the buses. I grabbed the rest of my gear from my car, got on the bus and the adventure began.
If you go to the Ragbrai page, The Ride tab, Ragbrai L Overnight Towns you will see the list of towns with blue circles. As we get closer to time, those should become links to the towns’ websites. I will be watching for them. Davenport and Sioux City should let us know where to park.

This reply was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by LawnchairMan.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Categories

RAGBRAI L – 2023

RAGBRAI XLIX – 2022

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2021

Training

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

Clubs, Teams & Charters