RAGBRAI LI Route Announced on Jan. 27!

DAY 0 – Sat ride to the river…???

Last year everything west of the interstate was either flooded or closed. I’m guessing that this year will be different and that a ride down to the river on Saturday will be possible. Does anyone know if there will be a semi-official route down to the river? Or will this once again be discouraged?

109 Replies

mickyjune26, July 10, 2012 at 6:25 pm

Matt:
Micky – I’m getting in sometime in the late afternoon on the Pork Belly bus.First I want to claim a tent site and get situated, then I will head to the river.A few of us were chatting on the other thread about an evening ride…Maybe around 5 or 6?

Cool, we will be with PBV too, but arriving in a car. Maybe we can just meet up. I’ll be the 6’7″ guy with a 5’3″ wife. :)

Matt, July 10, 2012 at 9:17 pm

Good lord, son, what’s your frame size? 66? (Do they even make those?!)

Matt, July 17, 2012 at 1:30 pm

Wanted to bump this thread in addition to the other in case any of you have subscribed to the thread for updates.

I am attempting to organize a group of people for an evening ride since some of us will be arriving via charter bus late afternoon. If you’re interested in merging the organization efforts, feel free to share your cell phone number with me via private message and I will reach out sometime on Saturday!

knees36, July 21, 2012 at 6:13 pm

Christine, I’m making this entry into the forum to bring “Day 0-Sat ride to the river” to the front of the forum, page 1.) Good luck and have a great ride. It was clear back on page 15. Now it’s much easier to find. Knees 36.

Viewing 4 replies - 106 through 109 (of 109 total)

The forum ‘RAGBRAI XL – 2012’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Categories

RAGBRAI L – 2023

RAGBRAI XLIX – 2022

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2021

Training

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

Clubs, Teams & Charters

Friends of RAGBRAI