Day 1 – Question

Eighteen days out and I’m as excited as a high school boy on his first date. Well, actually this is my first date with Ragbrai.

My questions are solely based on my inexperience, but what can I expect on day 1? Is there some sort of official start or is it ‘get up and go’? What time will most people be on the road?

Thanks in advance
David

32 Replies

Ken Askew, July 13, 2016 at 1:36 pm

My first day on RAGBRAI a young woman decided to stop on a hill, in the middle of the road, in the middle of a pack. I was following too closely and although no one went down, it was by the grace of god only. We learned quickly not to tailgate, even at 10 MPH. I always think we need more communication and people need to try, just try to ride right more.

Otherwise I still remember the first day looking out at the hills east of Omaha at a mile or more of solid, wheel to wheel bikes, shoulder to shoulder. It was and still is a beautiful sight. No where else in the world can you see that better and more often than RAGBRAI.

RDaryl Daryl, July 15, 2016 at 10:43 pm

David-
Note that the vehicle route map requests that support vehicles arriving in Glenwood take Highway 34 to Ingrum Avenue and enter the camp areas from the southeast. Unless you are utilizing long-term parking, you will want to avoid the Locus Street exit for main camping drop-off.

Viewing 2 replies - 31 through 32 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Categories

Looking for RIDES

RAGBRAI XLVII – 2019

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2020

RAGBRAI XLVI – 2018

Training

RAGBRAI XLV – 2017

RAGBRAI XLIV – 2016

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

RAGBRAI XLIII – 2015