Registration deadline extended to April 15 for weeklong rider, weeklong non-rider, and vehicles passes!

Des Moines area team has room for one additional member

We have room for one additional rider so if you are riding RAGBRAI this year and don’t want to worry about the logistics of getting to the start town or returning from the end town with your bike and baggage then you should consider joining our team.

Our team is based in Des Moines, has an 18 year RAGBRAI history and consists of 15 members about half male/female. Our riders this year are from Colorado, Nevada, DC, Nebraska, Kansas and of course, Iowa.

For anyone flying in to Des Moines, we’ll meet you at the airport. Riders from out of the area usually come in on Friday and stay with our local riders. We’ll depart in our large van with custom trailer Saturday morning and arrive in Council Bluffs with plenty of time to visit the expo and get situated. The van and trailer will carry our gear each day to the meetup towns and then to our overnight location. From Keokuk, we’ll return back to Des Moines.

We are a mostly an indoors camping team, meaning we have been successful by requesting overnight housing or connecting with friends of friends or family to find a kind host. Aside from the ride itself, some of the great experiences you will have are getting to know the Great Iowa hosts that share their homes during RAGBRAI.

Other stuff:
– You can bring as much gear as you want (we have the room).
– Team provides bottled water, Gatorade, snacks, ice for coolers and other helpful stuff.
– Ride as fast or as slow as you want, ride by yourself and or ride with other team members no pressure either way.

I have been with the team five years and have enjoyed each year. After one week together, you will develop some friendships that will last a lifetime. If you are interested in joining us, send me a PM or an email at iowaboy2020@outlook.com. Afterwards, I will invite you our Facebook page and will gladly answer any questions.

Paul Hlas

4 Replies

Steve Suskind, June 7, 2019 at 10:58 am

Hi!

I’m interested! Can you send me some of the details? I live in Cedar Rapids but work in Des Moines at Nationwide. Thanks!!

Steve Suskind
7717 Thorndale Drive NE
Cedar Rapids, IA 52402
319-360-2590
stevesuskind@icloud.com

Kevin Ke, June 10, 2019 at 2:48 pm

I sent you an email. I am interested.

Paul Hlas, June 12, 2019 at 7:00 pm

GP_in_SD, June 16, 2019 at 7:20 am

Hi Paul,
Say hi to the team. Missing this years ride and the group already. Hope to ride with you guys again in 2020.
Full Pint

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Categories

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2021

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2020

Training

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

Clubs, Teams & Charters

Friends of RAGBRAI