Des Moines area team looking for additional members.

If you are riding RAGBRAI this year and are contemplating the logistics of getting to the start town or returning from the end town with your bike and baggage then you should consider joining our team.

We are based out of Des Moines, have a 20+ year RAGBRAI history and consists of 15 members of all ages (half female, half male). Our current riders this year are from California, Colorado, Nebraska, Nevada, Wisconsin, Kansas, and of course, Iowa.

If you choose to fly in to Des Moines, we’ll meet you at the airport and help get your bike ready. Riders from out of the area usually come in on Friday and stay with our local riders. We’ll depart in our large van with custom trailer Saturday morning and arrive in Le Mars with plenty of time to visit the expo and get situated. The van and trailer will carry our gear each day to the meetup towns and then to our overnight location. On Saturday, the 25th, we’ll return back to Des Moines.

We are a mostly indoors team, requesting overnight housing or connecting with friends of friends or family to find a kind host. Aside from the ride itself, some of the great experiences you will have are getting to know the Great Iowa hosts that share their homes during RAGBRAI.

I have been with the team five years and have enjoyed each year. After one week together, you will develop some friendships that will last a lifetime. If you are interested in joining us, send me a PM or an email at iowaboy2020@outlook.com. Afterwards, I will invite you our Facebook page and will gladly provide more details.

Paul Hlas
Team “What Else We Got to Do?”
Housing Coordinator.

8 Replies

Paul Hlas, March 4, 2020 at 10:06 am

We share the total costs for the van rental, trailer maint. etc. Much better and cheaper than any charter because we stay indoors.

Jim Margoles, March 4, 2020 at 6:59 pm

Kevin,
You’re back on the trail recruiting riders for RAGBRAI 2020 . . . I’m riding again this year with my daughter and her partner Freddy . . . we’re on the Pork Belly train. Hope our paths cross on the route . . . do you have a contact or family in Storm Lake? I’m starting the ride in Storm Lake on Monday morning and need to park my park in that community for the week? Any ideas?
Jimmy (Colorado)

Sharon Frank, March 5, 2020 at 8:20 am

Paul, I may be interested in joining your team. I am registered for the lottery for my first RAGBRAI. I have done a few other multi-day events, and would love to join a team of friendly cyclists. How much would my portion of the expenses be? I would be driving in from Louisville, Kentucky.
Thanks,
Sharon (Sharon.frank330@yahoo.com)

francoisvanzyl, March 5, 2020 at 2:18 pm

Paul

I may be interested — will know this week or next if my job situation will be such that I can do my 4th RAGBRAI ride. Do you have parking available in Des Moines?

fvz

Jmoravec, March 10, 2020 at 9:31 pm

My Fiancé and I are look for a team to ride with this year this my 8th year riding and my Fiancé 1st how much is it to ride with your team for the week.

hawkrider, March 12, 2020 at 8:02 pm

Sent you an email Iowaboy.

Joe Chavis, March 14, 2020 at 6:03 am

Hi. Hope you have a great RAGBRAI. I like math. 15 members, half male and half female. How you do that? It had to be asked. I’m not the only one. Just the only one ‘dumb’ enough to ask. So, what did I win. I know I’m on camera or something.

Paul Hlas, March 14, 2020 at 11:49 am

Joe, appreciate your sense of humor! We have filled the roster. If anything changes, I will contact those who have responded. Be safe everyone!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Categories

Looking for RIDES

RAGBRAI XLVII – 2019

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2020

RAGBRAI XLVI – 2018

Training

RAGBRAI XLV – 2017

RAGBRAI XLIV – 2016

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

RAGBRAI XLIII – 2015