Des Moines Metro to Le Mars

One fully vaccinated adult rider looking for a ride to LeMars on Saturday the 24th. One bike, one guy, one small bag. Will gladly chip in for gas, beer, food, booze whatever. Can meet up anywhere in the greater Des Moines metro area. You want a hot shower in cold A/C in a hotel room on day 2 in Fort Dodge? I have a hotel room there very close to the camping and entertainment. Get me to Le Mars and I’ll gladly let you use my room to get cleaned up, cool off, etc. Just throwing it out there as another option to get me to Le Mars on Saturday. Thanks in advance!

3 Replies

mootsman, March 15, 2021 at 3:46 pm

<div style=”color: black;”>Pork Belly has a charter leaving from a hotel next to the Des Moines airport to Le Mar. They also have one returning to the same location from Clinton at the end of the ride or one from Iowa Falls on Tuesday. Onsite parking ay the hotel included for your car. And you share a ride with a whole busload of RAGBRAI riders.</div>

This reply was modified 1 month, 4 weeks ago by mootsman.

Uncle Kraig, March 15, 2021 at 7:59 pm

Thanks mootsman – PBV is my fall back for sure. The last few years I have hitched a ride, off of this forum, with various groups, teams and individuals. Nothing against PBV at all, but man did I have fun with those other smaller groups. One year, a small group picked me up on their way from Michigan; great people. I got on the bus and the first question they asked is what type of beer I preferred. They were home brewers and had quite the selection of excellent beers. One year I rode on an old short school bus with no A/C and it was about 95 degrees that day. The bus broke down and what a fun story to tell later….again great people. Anyway, just looking to jump on with a small group or even a car or truck with room for one. I’ll get there one way or the other though!

Wendy Albrecht, March 26, 2021 at 12:40 pm

Hi! Team Defcon5 is home based in the Des Moines metro area. Several of our riders live in Central Iowa. Others are out of state riders. We’ve got a great group of people, but I’m sure that I am biased. We are a small team. Our bus allows for up to around 24 bikes on the rack. We offer week long services, daily rider services, as well as rides to the start and back from the end. We head out from just outside of Perry (where we store our bus). Shoot me an email at TeamDefcon5@gmail.com. Or a text at 515-480-8298. I’d be happy to tell you more and answer any questions.

Wendy

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Categories

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2021

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2020

Training

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

Clubs, Teams & Charters

Friends of RAGBRAI