The Register's Annual Great Bicycle Ride Across Iowa

Des Moines Team Looking for One Additional Rider

If you are riding RAGBRAI this year and don’t want to worry about the logistics of getting to the start town or returning from the end town with your bike and baggage then you should consider joining our team.

We are based out of Des Moines, have a 20+ year RAGBRAI history and consists of 15 members of all ages (over 18). Our riders this year are from Colorado, Nevada, DC, Nebraska, Kansas and of course, Iowa.

For anyone flying in to Des Moines, we’ll meet you at the airport. Riders from out of the area usually come in on Friday and stay with our local riders. We’ll depart in our large van with custom trailer Saturday morning and arrive in Council Bluffs with plenty of time to visit the expo and get situated. The van and trailer will carry our gear each day to the meetup towns and then to our overnight location. From Keokuk, we’ll return back to Des Moines.

We are a mostly an indoors camping team, meaning we have been successful by requesting overnight housing or connecting with friends of friends or family to find a kind host. Aside from the ride itself, some of the great experiences you will have are getting to know the Great Iowa hosts that share their homes during RAGBRAI.

I have been with the team five years and have enjoyed each year. After one week together, you will develop some friendships that will last a lifetime. If you are interested in joining us, send me a PM or an email at iowaboy2020@outlook.com. Afterwards, I will invite you our Facebook page and will gladly provide details.

We don’t have a dedicated van driver so if you are able to drive the van for just one morning or afternoon that would be appreciated.

4 Replies

Patty Kathmann, May 9, 2019 at 10:18 pm

Any chance you might consider just giving a ride to council bluffs and back to DM at the end? Will contribute gas money?

Paul Hlas, May 11, 2019 at 11:19 am

PM sent.

Paul Hlas, May 15, 2019 at 8:19 pm

Cody Mathis, May 21, 2019 at 9:27 am

I am interested can you pm me?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Categories

Looking for RIDES

RAGBRAI XLVII – 2019

RAGBRAI XLVI – 2018

Training

RAGBRAI XLV – 2017

RAGBRAI XLIV – 2016

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

RAGBRAI XLIII – 2015

RAGBRAI XLII – 2014