RAGBRAI LI Route Announced on Jan. 27!

Didn't get in. I need a week long pass, please.

Don’t know how I missed it, but did not get in. Looking to buy a week long pass.

5 Replies

Paul H, May 1, 2017 at 9:40 pm

I am selling my weeklong pass and also a large jersey.

send me an email if your are interested.

KenH, May 2, 2017 at 7:46 am

I hear there are more people who need to sell a wristband every year than people who want to buy one so I think you will be able to find one, as it appears that you already have! Some of us are curious about the chances of not being picked in the lottery however. It seems very rare. Did you fill out the registration form fully, sign the waiver, and make your payment before the deadline? Or were you perhaps a little late getting that done? Curious minds with little else to do until the last week of July would be interested to hear your answer.

Again, good luck with the wristband but it appears your luck has already come in!

Brian Wallenburg, May 3, 2017 at 9:39 pm

KenH, here’s the answer to your question.

RAGBRAI XLV Lottery Is Here!
April 30, 2017
You can’t win if you don’t enter. That’s how the saying goes anyway. If you submitted your registration by the deadline, including your waiver and payment, then you are included …

KenH, May 4, 2017 at 8:22 am

You can’t win if you don’t enter. That’s how the saying goes anyway. If you submitted your registration by the deadline, including your waiver and payment, then you are included in the lottery. Remember, if you are part of a group, your group must be closed, with all payments and minor waivers received in order to be included in the lottery.

There are a couple of ways to know whether you made the cut.

You received an email with your wristband number. NOTE: this message could have been trapped in your spam filter.
Check your account online. Log into your ragbrai.com user account. Go to My RAGBRAI/My Profile/Registration Status. Your wristband number will display on this page.
If you did not receive a lottery email, or your wristband number does not display in your profile, you still have a chance. Registration for day passes will be available online until June 1, 2017. You can also check the RAGBRAI Forum for anyone who may be selling wristbands.

If you read that message in full it does not guarantee you that a complete and paid up entry submitted by the deadline will get you in. In fact it gives you two options you can use if you do not get in. Now, I am aware that TJ has been reported to have said that a complete, paid up registration, submitted before the deadline will not be turned down but that is word of mouth. I don’t see that in print anywhere. It’s just idle curiosity on my part and some some others to suss out whether the lottery is really a lottery or just a ploy to accomplish … what? … I can’t imagine what purpose it would serve to maintain a fiction about a lottery process for assigning wristbands.

On the other hand exactly no one who has been willing to answer followup questions about the completeness and timeliness of their entry has “lost” this lottery in the time I have been active on this forum. So we don’t know and with the typical availability of wristbands on the secondary market it doesn’t matter much. Monkeys will be curious, that’s all.

Paul H, May 4, 2017 at 10:35 am

I Sold my week long pass. Thanks.

The forum ‘RAGBRAI XLV – 2017’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Categories

RAGBRAI L – 2023

RAGBRAI XLIX – 2022

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2021

Training

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

Clubs, Teams & Charters

Friends of RAGBRAI